Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup without the dreadmill in my house my numbers would have been much smaller
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When does this thing end? I see two dates listed in several places on the site -- March 23, 2018 (in north America, Friday) and March 24, 2018 (in North America, Saturday). Friday morning, i'm at 99 straight days, to get 100 straight days, do I need to do two runs today? or get # 100 tomorrow, Saturday? or did I mess up and not login one day?

Late, afternoon revision - WTF - after all these days running, I did 2 runs today. Got my 100 days - actually I started with the USAT NCC Challenge, December 1st - 115 running day in a row. I'm ready for a break/change of pace. 2 weeks until Ironman Oceanside.
Last edited by: coyote pelon: Mar 23, 18 16:15
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering the same thing but according to the actual day count on the training log, day 100 is on Saturday. I had planned out going by Friday until we got close enough for me to easily count the days to finish and realized I may have an extra day.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote pelon wrote:
When does this thing end? ....2 weeks until Ironman Oceanside.

Cool- when did they bring an Ironman back to Oceanside?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IntenseOne, Ironman Oceanside is still a 70.3, I think.

To Dev and 100/100 organizers, thank you for this awesome challenge. I've never done consistent running like this in my life. It's been great!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
opps -- of course , I should have written Ironman 70.3 Oceanside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thoroughly enjoying a non run day....
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRO Saracen wrote:
Thoroughly enjoying a non run day....

I think today, March 24th is day 100...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super congrats to all of you who participated in the 100/100. I want to apologize for my lack of engagement and participation in terms of posting and providing input on this year's 100/100. Between continuing health challenges and starting a tech company last fall (http://www.bluwave-ai.com) I just had my attention elsewhere and I've been using my athletic time to learn some new "sports" (learning all 4 strokes of swimming) and some indoor rowing. I did try to get out to shuffle many times, but my body was not really cooperating yet and I am still waiting for a disc surgery date. In any case, putting myself aside it is fantastic to see all of you running consistently and seeing how to fit this into your day to day schedule and getting (hopefully) the upside benefits that come with that! I hope you have a great upcoming season. I'll never say never and hope to join you all for next year's addition after I have surgery. In the mean time I swam around 350K over the last 100 days, so probably more miles swimming than most people walk daily over 100 days.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the work you and others do here to make this happen year after year. This was the first year I did this challenge. While the challenge in itself is somewhat trivial, it had a meaningful impact on my training. My fall off-season was a bit rough this year with travel and sickness. I was having a hard time getting back into the swing of training and signed up for this challenge as a motivator. I am proud to say I ran every single day. The extra motivation the challenge provided really took me out of an off season slump, and 100 days later I am poised for the start of a successful season.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dev for motivating us and Dan for enabling this challenge. This was a great motivation to "train to get ready to train" by building the consistency and foundation. The good news is I made it through injury free and my cardio feels strong. Unfortunately I missed run number 100 on Saturday because I was doing the Palm Springs Cactus to Clouds trail hike (21 miles with 10,600 feet elevation gain) and thought I was going to be able to run for 30 min part way down from the summit to the tram station but there was too much ice (and really I was too knackered at that point). Strategy for next time is to double up runs earlier in the challenge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my first attempt at 100/100...I finished with 92 and 445 miles. I got sick towards the end so missed a few days, but overall, still pleased how this turned out. I had actually started a little early, the day after Thanksgiving, so this has been my biggest 4 month run volume ever. Hoping it translates into some good results this year.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
I was wondering the same thing but according to the actual day count on the training log, day 100 is on Saturday. I had planned out going by Friday until we got close enough for me to easily count the days to finish and realized I may have an extra day.

Hey guys, these are valid concerns. Date math is fuzzy at best under the best circumstances. The way the challenges are coded is time-zone agnostic, so it depends on the start date of the activity entry. As long as the start date is on the last day, you have the whole day to finish your challenge-y bidness. I couldn't think of any other way to make it fair (e.g. you'd be screwing one group as the challenge began, and another group as it ended if it was a on a fixed timezone point).

Nice work :)

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know your Ironman History. It was 2000 and 2001. Full Ironman at Oceanside.
😜

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just as a final note, completed the 100/100 within the timescale (last 3 weeks were really hard as I was several runs behind. I then took an easy light running week and now getting back on it this week and feeling sensational. I nhave a feeling of running strength, smoothness combined with low HR that I've not seen since pure running days. Excited for the season now; thanks to the organisers of this and fellow 'sufferers'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bringing this back for one more thanks to Dev. It is the first time I ever participated in this, or anything having to do with running. My top line goal was to do 50 runs(of exactly 30 minutes), every other day. Two bouts of being sick for weeks held me to 38, but got in consecutive days for the first time in years. Actually first runs in about 4 years, so the push I needed I guess, so thanks again.

Today after those 3 months and one more, 7 miles a week average, I have gone from 10+ minute 5k runs to a sub 8 minute paced one today. Not really racing as of yet, but I was breathing hard. I actually think I just might be able to still run a 20 minute 5k someday still, but got 4 really hard minutes to shave off the high hanging fruit out there.

30 years and 20lbs ago I held 5;20 pace for a 5k, doesn't seem real that 2 1/2 minutes a mile should be so hard now, ughhh...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Just bringing this back for one more thanks to Dev. It is the first time I ever participated in this, or anything having to do with running. My top line goal was to do 50 runs(of exactly 30 minutes), every other day. Two bouts of being sick for weeks held me to 38, but got in consecutive days for the first time in years. Actually first runs in about 4 years, so the push I needed I guess, so thanks again.

Today after those 3 months and one more, 7 miles a week average, I have gone from 10+ minute 5k runs to a sub 8 minute paced one today. Not really racing as of yet, but I was breathing hard. I actually think I just might be able to still run a 20 minute 5k someday still, but got 4 really hard minutes to shave off the high hanging fruit out there.

30 years and 20lbs ago I held 5;20 pace for a 5k, doesn't seem real that 2 1/2 minutes a mile should be so hard now, ughhh...

Thanks Monty. It is quite inspirational to see all of you guys a decade or so ahead of me in chronology so athletic and excited about getting the most out of their bodies, especially former pro athletes who, if they compare their current self to the former version, it would be a continuous exercise in self frustration. You have the right attitude to life.

I am going in to see the surgeon about a nerve decompression disc surgery consult tomorrow....I am hoping that if she can fix me up, I can get back to normal biking without leg spams, and maybe some proper running. But as you know, I am now completely transformed to dolphin mode. No matter what level of running I can get to, I doubt I will ever want to do more running per week in hours than swimming. But if I can get back on the bike properly, well, that's another story! Minimally if she can fix the nerve and I get full control over my left leg, I am certain that I can take my 400 IM way sub 7 minutes as I will actually be able to use my left leg for back and breast stroke without having it flop all over the place with no power. Fly is less affected and while free is, I can cheat with arms and I'm not as penalized with the bad leg....but at least I can get through. In running when the bad leg is not working, forget abouot it!

If all works, next year, 50 runs would be a great target.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is the latest/ most recent thread for the 100 Run 100 Days challenge? I did a few searches and this is the thread I found.

Seeing as we're exactly a month out, I'm going to start running every other day to properly prepare. Last three years I was able to start well, but then I always get sick due to work travel or training outside in harsh winter conditions. This year I'm a stay at home Dad, and for the first time in 6 years: no work travel!! And secondly, I have my treadmill set up and did my first Zwift Run last night -- and it was pretty damn cool.

Having sorted out my undoings in the past, I'm feeling good about a legitimate shot at 90/100.

Hopefully the Strava integration is all set to go? It was lovely not having to manually enter workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, hope your recovery is coming along well and you can participate this year?

I just tried the Strava integration to Slowtwitch upload, and it worked like a charm.

T-minus 29 days till 100/100.
Last edited by: BT_DreamChaser: Nov 16, 18 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did one on my own over the summer

After snapping a streak at 71 runs for 71 days [81 days in a row], I basically cruised in, doing just about every other day through August to finish with 86/100

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use of Strava isn’t required is it? Im a non user... im like a unicorn.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish it was actually renamed something like the 50/100 or 75/100 challenge.

I think it’s a really great concept to help with consistency and accountability-especially in the dreary winter months but some force it and get injured trying to keep up a useless streak.

I plan to participate this year!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
I wish it was actually renamed something like the 50/100 or 75/100 challenge.

I think it’s a really great concept to help with consistency and accountability-especially in the dreary winter months but some force it and get injured trying to keep up a useless streak.

I plan to participate this year!

Are you sure you're going to be able to fit in the 100 /100 Pool Swim challenge and this?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:
Use of Strava isn’t required is it? Im a non user... im like a unicorn.

Nope, Strava not required. If you want to show up on the 100/100 spreadsheet you have to enter the workout into ST training log.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coming off a bad case of ITBS, I'm currently on the 5 day a week plan, I'm thinking 70 is realistic and 75 would be a stretch goal. Let's hope I don't get caught up in the hype and blow a hammy week 7!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply

Prev Next