Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Hey, so I had a few weeks off my jogging and snowshoe running after a cortisone shot and we got a bit more snow, so I can head out again. I just checked the log and I am at 40 runs with 11 days of running left. I would have to go out 1x per day to hit the rock bottom 50% threshold. Did we decide if this is a wood medal, lead medal or depleted uranium????

I thought we decided it was the eggplant emoji.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
13 required off 8 days.

I'm going to find a way to do this, somehow.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was 3 up. but after tonight only 1, and with my man cold I got from my family and the tight hamstring after that 18:55 5k yesterday I might be missing the BIG target after all. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I am out - but am I done? As of day 90, I had 139 runs. I had a mishap on day 90 and have not been able to walk without a cane since. So I won't make it to 100 days. If I stop running 10 days before the end, have I completed the challenge or am I a DNF?

John
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I was 3 up. but after tonight only 1, and with my man cold I got from my family and the tight hamstring after that 18:55 5k yesterday I might be missing the BIG target after all. :-(

Don't worry, 6 more days of running. After today you only need 5. Even on the last day you could do 30 min run + 30 min swim + 30 min refuel break four times plus a 30 min run and you're done and get some perfect swim-run training in too!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a classic case of "too little, too late" I was finally able to add a 65th to my tally yesterday. The fitness I've lost in the last month is seriously depressing - a 30min point-to-point downhill run with a tailwind should never feel that hard.

Not willing to risk my ankle by running on back to back days yet (let alone doing any doubles), so eggplant emoji for me as well. With a bit of luck I may make it to 67 total, if things feel ok to go again tomorrow and Thursday.

Congrats to those who are just coasting into the finish line now!

Quote | Reply
john.koch wrote:
So I am out - but am I done? As of day 90, I had 139 runs. I had a mishap on day 90 and have not been able to walk without a cane since. So I won't make it to 100 days. If I stop running 10 days before the end, have I completed the challenge or am I a DNF?

John

Heck no! That's not a DNF. That's a 100% completion with honors. Nice work!!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 required, 4 days.

Finishing arch is in view....
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With yesterday's run after work, I made it to 70, so I iced myself a Bronze

Which is basically 5 running days out of 7 each week. Granted, I did do a handful of doubles to keep on pace early, but the last month or so I've been able to go 6 days out of 7, usually taking Monday off

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stuck at 66. I'm hoping to try and run this coming weekend. Pulled groin at 47 years old is no joke, it stopped me dead.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running on fumes, 95 done. Way I feel the remaining 5 could all be the minimum 30 mins each....I WILL get there....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, well, almost there. With cold and all but very lame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,

First off thank you for organizing this event. It really was quite an experience and you're a good man for helping out everyone who did or even attempted this! Even if people didn't make it.. just even trying it is a big deal. (in my opinion). As I wrote to you earlier I owed you a run bc of a watch "mishap" during an indoor track session where i had to stop my watch and restart and it downloaded as two runs.. they were barely 1min apart, let alone 1 hour. But i gave you 101!!
Its day 97 and while I have more time for more runs, I am out. My hip, this head cold and travel are throwing me into reverse. However, you'll hear more from me shortly, like in the next day or so... but I wanted to say thanks. Not just for the runs but for the swims too and making this a fun winter! I really needed something after getting deathly ill 12 hours before xterra worlds last fall.
REDEMPTION!
Talk soon,
DaveD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally broke even today at 97 after a bunch of doubles. Feeling pretty good and ready to finish this thing!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
Finally broke even today at 97 after a bunch of doubles. Feeling pretty good and ready to finish this thing!

Guys, 3 days to go! How are you all doing with the final sprint to the end? Who is going to close their 100th run with a PB mile or 5000m?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am out. :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was relying on the fact that i normally do a double run (plus a 4 mile trail walk separating them, for a total of 13.2 miles) on Wednesdays to get me totally caught up.

but then we got slammed with the "four-easter" storm yesterday. Julie and I did get out and do her final 100th run in 4-5" of snow, during the storm, but I'm still down 1 run. Planning to head over to the gym this afternoon and get 2 treadmill runs done with weights in between. Then it will just a couple of routine runs on Friday and Saturday to bring it home, and get my lifetime score of 4 for 2 (4 attempts at 100-in-100, with 2 completions).
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well we are finally snow free here! Very few pavement runs this winter but all outside for me. Third time doing the challenge and I'll say once again, it's the best bang for your buck! Love it & how it changes up my running. The end is in sight but I am liking the patterns I've set up & it's still too cold here to bike outside. Thanks everyone for the "company" & Dev for coordinating!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I am out. :-(

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? With 2 left?!?!? Aw, man!!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hamstring troubles. I think I made it worse by trying to complete this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that, Herbert.

After a short lunchtime run, I have hit the magic 100 mark with 2 days to spare! And I'm just #20 on the list. There are some running fools out there. IntenseOne amazes me.

Thanks for setting it up, Dev.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very happy that my old legs have been getting stronger during this challenge ( faster?)
Just got 80 runs, thought I could do 50 hoping for maybe 70. Next year I will try for 100.
Thank you for this challenge.
Oldswed
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [stillmoving] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all the folks who have shared their experiences. And thanks to Dev and Eric and anyone else who has put the effort in to make this happen. The regular check-in has held me accountable and helped motivate me to run at times when the motivation was low. It's been a lot like having a regular training group.

I've been lucky this winter and have remained relatively healthy in a build for Boston. The challenge has inspired me to become creative as the weather in the northeast has been less than ideal. The dreadmill has played an integral role and I've gained valuable experience in how to incorporate it, in a positive manner.

Congrats to everyone who participated for your strong efforts and I hope it fuels a successful season.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m at 66 after my first double today. Hoping I have 2 more doubles in me.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my 99th run, 100th will be a 30 minuter on the dreadmill at work lunch, with an expected loud whoop when 30:00 flashes up on the Garmin.

Running wise I've been on fumes for the last 3 weeks with a large deficit to catch up after a terrible illness wracked first 3 weeks of February, think I was on -13 at one point and ready to give up. Really glad I didn't.

The challenge has been excellent - first 50 odd days went like a dream: my gameplan was to add two short treadmill runs to my usual 4 run schedule and split the long run into two to get the 1 run/day average overall and create room for a rest day. It was working really well and possibly would have made light work of the overall challenge until February struck....trying to claw back the deficit after this has been really hard but will make crossing the line later feel so much greater.

Interested to hear all the war stories of how it went....
Quote Reply

Prev Next