Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances
Quote | Reply
Hey guys....the annual running and drinking challenge is upon us (thanks Andypants), so I suggest all you guys planning on the 100/100 get a jump start and join in there to get you suitably trashed before the 100/100 start date on Dec 15th.

In the mean time, perhaps we can get the annual questions and airing of grievances out of the way. There is no plan for any change of rules at this point as it would devalue the achievements of athletes in past years (kind of like allowing people to draft, use testosterone, use EPO or cut the course in Kona...that would be bad too)

Last year's thread is here that covers the rules etc:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...iew_flat;post=368143

Edit:....OK here is last year's real thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=100;

Maybe I should get it started. Why is the minimum run 30 minutes?...that sucks...it should be 15 minutes....who set the limit anyway? Oh well, I guess I need to suck it up and get 30 min of running in per day to count!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 28, 12 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why do i have to run 100 times in 100 days? that's crazy talk! i should only have to cover 100 miles in 100 days. i guess i will have to HTFU and just follow the crowd.

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually there are many levels....the highest level is 100 official runs in 100 days....then there are levels for 90, 80, 70 etc. I'd personally like to hit 80 as lately I am on the pace of running 4 out of every 5 days. You bring up a good point about mileage...the goal is mileage through frequency. Frequency is the tool, mileage in the end goal.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In. Last year was awesome. Well the 100 runs in 100 days actually wasn't that great, but the PRs I set all spring and summer were definitely fantastic. Definitely in for the 100 at minimum.

It will be nice to have you back at much closer to full strength this year Dev! Are you going for the full 100?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are there finisher medals and t-shirts?

:)

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, Cinnabon I can totally get behind, but I don't think it's right to have to rinse my cottage cheese to run 100/100... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL Are the rules really found in the "Dave Scott rinses his cottage cheese...Faris Al-Sultan eats at Cinnabon" thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
In the mean time, perhaps we can get the annual questions and airing of grievances out of the way.

Welcome, newcomers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt....I don't think I should get ahead of myself and try for the full 100. There are still days when not all body parts feel right so I should just respect that, and go with what is currently working which is 4 out of 5 days. Glad that you hit some PR's last year and in keeping with this thread, it was good that the process felt miserable, because nothing worth having really comes easily. If the 100/100 does not have some semblance of misery index, then we're doing it wrong!

Finisher medals and Tshirts.....well maybe we can have a contest for a logo during the 100/100 and then we can select one (we'll need to select people for the selection committee....), you can download the logo and plaster it over your last WTC finisher Tshirt or medal. Do you guys think that would suffice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Matt....I don't think I should get ahead of myself and try for the full 100. There are still days when not all body parts feel right so I should just respect that, and go with what is currently working which is 4 out of 5 days. Glad that you hit some PR's last year and in keeping with this thread, it was good that the process felt miserable, because nothing worth having really comes easily. If the 100/100 does not have some semblance of misery index, then we're doing it wrong!

Finisher medals and Tshirts.....well maybe we can have a contest for a logo during the 100/100 and then we can select one (we'll need to select people for the selection committee....), you can download the logo and plaster it over your last WTC finisher Tshirt or medal. Do you guys think that would suffice?

Awesome, I cant wait, as long as my injuried back heals up.
i got the 100 last year but i didnt have a good vpn to get on ST most of the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure as long I as I dont have to eat strained cottage cheese. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Searched the forum and found this link. I'm assuming this is the one that was supposed to be posted! I was more than confused reading about Taco Bell and Cinnabon haha

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

http://bikesbattleparkinsons.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [JHTFU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering why all the questions about cottage cheese....good fun...I guess I left out a few digits when I copied the link....I'll go fix it...on second thought, I could just leave it that way for the rest of the day!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [JHTFU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't find the challenge in the training section (as per the original old thread)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if I run 6x5 min does that count as 1 run?

What if I go for a total of 30 mins but I walk 2 of it? Does that count?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can time on my bike trainer count?
What average pace do I have to hold?
Why don't we do minimum miles instead? I'm sure everyone can run 5 miles in 30 minutes so let's set that as the line.
What constitutes running?
Does pool running count?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how much time do I have to do on the elliptacal to equal a 30 minute run?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
So if I run 6x5 min does that count as 1 run?

What if I go for a total of 30 mins but I walk 2 of it? Does that count?

John

Yeah....I better go re check the rules, but I am pretty sure that in a single day 6x5 min counts as long as both feet leave the ground on each of the 5 minutes on every stride. 30 minutes with 2 minutes walking is a 28 minute run....sorry, that would not count in a given day.

I actually did an experiment the other day on the treadmill to see if I could run slower than I can walk. I came to the conclusion that I am actually able to run "legally" at 3 mph (20 min miles) with both feet leaving the ground on each stride while I can walk at 3.5-3.8 mph.

All this to say, if you are short on minutes, you can always go shuffle out the delta around the block or on your treadmill and not have to take a shower etc....slow running is better than no running.

Elliptical does not count, water running does not count....if memory serves me correct, any running on real ground or on a treadmill counts.

Before anyone asks, if you want to count snowshoe running, be our guest, just make sure that both feet leave the ground on every stride for those minutes to count. After all this is ST and most of you guys want to make things harder than they need to be :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
Can time on my bike trainer count?
What average pace do I have to hold?
Why don't we do minimum miles instead? I'm sure everyone can run 5 miles in 30 minutes so let's set that as the line.
What constitutes running?
Does pool running count?

To answer your question partially, unfortunately guys like Mo Farah would not be able to count their Olympic 10,000m final as a legal run for this challenge. His run was way under 30 minutes. Now if you add in his victory lap/s, it might push him over the 30 minute threshold (yes, fast guys get penalized on their short runs....we'll make them pay for their fastness by forcing them to run longer) :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. I'm in for the first time. Going for 85+/500mi+
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before anyone asks, if you want to count snowshoe running, be our guest, just make sure that both feet leave the ground on every stride for those minutes to count. After all this is ST and most of you guys want to make things harder than they need to be :-)

Do both snowshoes have to leave the ground too?

(I case others don't know, I'm kidding. I laugh every year at these questions)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the third year. I hit 100/100 last year w/ ~770 miles. I am not planning on repeating that performance this year. My running dramatically improved, but I had issues getting my bike legs back in time for AmZof. My current plan is to run ~5 of 7 days, w/ the two off days spent on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok after a two year absence I am back in on the challenge. I am officially challenging Bmanners and anyone who lives at Big White Ski Resort for top on ours ;)

I will be looking to go 100-110. I ind the two run days work well for me.

Cue the "Captain Canada training Plan" jokes

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so are we substituting the 100/100 for the traditional Festivus "Feats of Strength".

it's going to take a Festivus Miracle for this to happen for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the spirit of the airing of grievances:

1. If I run for two hours does it count as two runs? If you run 30 minutes, eat donuts for an hour, then run 30 minutes, you get credit for two runs...if I run for two hours I have run 30 minutes, run for an hour, then run 30 minutes. The only thing I have done differently is replace my off time of donut eating with off time of running. Hmmm....I would think this should count, but I'm sure there has been a ruling on this in the past.

2. Days don't count, right? If I run for an hour from 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., I have run 30 minutes in each of two days, but only get to count one run, right?

Wow, this is fun and it hasn't even started yet....
Quote Reply

Prev Next