Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morning is run workout, afternoons are XC skiing at Mt. Van Hovenburg with my son....the only time I am on Whiteface is riding to the summit....so I won't find your GPS :-(
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my run in during my oldest son's (first ever) chess tournament.

I could have run during every round (4) and if I met him afterwards, barely met the one
run requirement. Those kids just don't know how to take their time and think
on the turns. :)

No, he is not a prodigy, it's just that none of the kids who aren't really serious seem to
be able to be patient enough to stop and think. I'm guessing that is the burden of
being less than 10 years old.

Tomorrow going up with the family to Flagstaff to play in the snow. Debating on whether
or not to bring enough stuff to run or not. Given how I don't like to run when it's less
than 60 I'd probably have to look like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man to get in my
30. Guess it's a good thing I think I'm currently +1.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heh. I suppose chess isn't much of a spectator sport, eh?

14.5 miles in pouring rain yesterday. Winter in the PNW. I'd rather run in the snow anyday. Another 9ish miles on the schedule for today. My legs might not be happy as I did some tempo work during those 14+ miles. Another rainy day too. And, I woke up with morning to my dog barfing on the bed. Not enough sleep. More Coffee of Hawaii, oatmeal then I'm out the door. yippee.....

Here is the beautiful weather I ran in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5.2 miles windy only averaged 9 minute 4 second miles and that was with a 1/2 mile sprint at the end. Think I ended up with 71.5 miles for the week. What blend coffee did you get? I got the molokai.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They kick all of the parents out when the kids are playing. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get Molokai delivered every month.

Today's 9 miles were pretty rough. I took it a solid minute per mile slower than yesterday. I did avoid the rain though! Procrastination worked.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenHS: Feb 14, 10 16:28
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parents get too roudy?

;-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know how it is with the chess hooligans. ;)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Given how I don't like to run when it's less than 60"

We would be a good team...60 is where I start to wish it were a bit cooler. Over 75 degrees and I'm suffering like a dog (as Dev can attest after Timberman this year).

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran the San Dieguito Half yesterday. It was around 70 degrees at the finish, spotted Michellie Jones, Kate Major and Katya Meyers at the start. Stone Brewery beer garden at the finish. PR. Pretty much a perfect day.

Dax
http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [dax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice race and report... can only hope my first standalone half turns out as good as yours. Went downhill skiing yesterday and did not run or bike. Did 53 minutes in a spin class this morning followed by a 3 minute transition then 32 minute run. It was the hardest run to date for this challenge outside shin area started to hurt around mile 2. Planned on doing 10k but cut it short. Think I will keep it short for next couple of runs.

Quote | Reply
el nino is in full swing over my side of the world, summer everyday. i strained the back part of my right knee (or an inch below the back); last tuesday, took all week until monday off and ran yesterday for 30mins and no pain!! felt really light and easy. when i tweaked the leg, i decided to leave the challenge to stop me from running. i`m back on the challenge and i lost 40 places but who cares as long as i`m pain free. i`m still on target for a bronze i think. :) good to be back.

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd been starting to move up in the frequency list but slacked off for a couple of days this past weekend. Well, my brother and I did hike for a couple of hours over some snowshoe trails in the mountains with a dog that looks like a bear, but nothing to log for the challenge. Back at it today though.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Been raining like mad but I'm stil at it indoors!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [dza00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lets go people !!!!! are you guy's losing interest ? No post on your workouts ? People are turning into a bunch of slackers!!!!:) Just cause ninetoe hit 100 does not mean its OVER ! Game is just getting started, lets go :) I have a week full of 30 minute runs. My sort of rest week. Will hit the rollers today till sunday also. 30-45 minute rides. Man I am itching for spring to get out on some 3-5 hour rides.

Quote | Reply
forget ninetoe sort the challenge by distance, then you will see Tri2HaveFun running away it <pun intended :-)
How is that for trying to spark some interest back into the challenge???
As for me, I am right where I thought I would be, right on pace for 100, along with 25 others!

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dropped 1 weekly run, now 5x/week and added 2 rides, hopefully 3 this week. I was surprised I haven't slid further down the standings. Will be throwing down a 6 miler tonight, mileage continues to creep up, 26 last week and should be around the same this week with a long run of 8 miles. I am feeling great!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now you got me wanting to double up on 13 mile runs. I did want to try to catch Tri2haveFun but he is to far ahead of me now and legs are feeling very tired (Really my left side shin area closer to ankle.) and weak. But my fingers for posting seem unaffected :)
Edit: Hey, Hey , Hey I am one up if i do it that way. You guys are closing in though....:) Hoping this slow week will catch me up fitness and feeling wise. Nothing over 5 miles this week.

Last edited by: bmanners: Feb 18, 10 12:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was that way last year as well, I was ahead off everyone when sorted by frequency but JoeO and Allan where way ahead of me when it came to total miles. Even though we were all training for a spring marathon. I think it came down to two things: 1) they were running Boston, which was much earlier than my spring marathon so they would be further along in their build than me, and 2) they just plain old run a lot faster than I do, so when they do run they cover a lot more sitance than I do.
Oh and don't look now but Tri2HaveFun just went over 1000kms as we were typing! :-)

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn I still got 102 miles to do that ! Yah seems like everyone runs faster then me also. Just got a phone call from organisers of last stand alone 5k I did in oct. time was 20 minutes 38 secs. Hopefully I could beat that this year just after the bike segment of a sprint tri. I need to obliterate the 20 min 38 stand alone time in a this year.

Quote | Reply
Run #67 done! That means more than 2/3rds of the way.

I was hoping to dominate the "most frequency with the lowest mileage" contest again,
and I think rossmtbiker made some tragic mistakes in actually getting a little faster.

But then jkhs comes in behind me with 33+ hours AND 0 miles! How can I
hope to compete with 0? ;)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome glad your feeling well ! I think alot of us are starting to concentrate a bit more on biking since spring is right around corner. Actually saw about a dozen robins the other day in the snow. Guess they dont talk to the groundhog.

Quote | Reply
More snow today, I managed to commute back and forth but it was cold. Still clawing back one run last week, hopefully same thing this week. The legs are feeling good with about 60 - 70 km / week, getting ready to up the distance a little bit next week (weather permitting ;-( )

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12 miles today felt great in the sun and pretty warm too.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got number 67 in today and it was one of those days where I definitely would have sat it out if it wasn't for this challenge. I wrote a little bit about it here if anyone is interested - http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com/.../02/my-tv-broke.html

Dax
http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next