Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (last chance, running starts tomorrow) [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What browser are you using? If your not using Chrome, give it a try. I have had issues with Safari.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (last chance, running starts tomorrow) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I'll have the 100/100 thread up by first thing ~ 8 am EST on Dec 15th. I understand that for those of you in Japan or Australia it is already Dec 15th. Apologies for that. The last few days have been fairly crazy between professional and family life and a bit of overtraining of course.

Dev

Thanks

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grievance: I have a fake knee and cannot run.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grievance: only could do 10.34 miles instead of 11 since i had to manually add in entry rather than the site importing from strava/garmin ;p


http://www.coupleofathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
grievance: only could do 10.34 miles instead of 11 since i had to manually add in entry rather than the site importing from strava/garmin ;p

Slowman needs to lock up this thread and then open it up again on Nov 15th, 2017. Now we are on the feats of strength phase!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright.. so is there a new thread for 2017?


devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:
grievance: only could do 10.34 miles instead of 11 since i had to manually add in entry rather than the site importing from strava/garmin ;p


Slowman needs to lock up this thread and then open it up again on Nov 15th, 2017. Now we are on the feats of strength phase!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Alright.. so is there a new thread for 2017?


devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:
grievance: only could do 10.34 miles instead of 11 since i had to manually add in entry rather than the site importing from strava/garmin ;p


Slowman needs to lock up this thread and then open it up again on Nov 15th, 2017. Now we are on the feats of strength phase!!!!!

Yeah, sorry sorry....I have been swamped trying get a startup company going and off the ground and I realize that i am 5 days late for the annual 15 Nov start date for the Airing of the Grievances.

My grievance is that you guys want to complain about life more than me and already beat me to the misery loves company month long festivities.

So can I complain that I don't have the the time to generate a new thread and we should just use this thread.

....and the first guy who says, "Dev you suck, you have time, everyone gets 168 hours in a week, so what's your excuse for not getting the thread up in time????" is welcome to cut and paste this grievance.

Now let's roll with last year's thread and get it out of our system.

I don't forsee any rule changes nor wussification unless the grievances are really warranted. Now onto the 12th year of this challenge (or whatever, we started in 2006-2007) hopefully we got any rule change related grievances sorted out.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m cold, the more weight I lose the colder I feel, all the damn time, and it’s not even that cold here yet. Can you make it warmer please so I don’t lay in bed silently bitching about how I don’t want to get up and run.

Other than that, really looking forward to this. Thanks for all the hard work your copy and pasting ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [teebles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a search for "Bioprene" on the forum

And have some more sweet potatoes

Blessed are the Nobodies, for Theirs is the Kingdom of Fascinating Stories
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sp1ke wrote:
Alright.. so is there a new thread for 2017?


devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:
grievance: only could do 10.34 miles instead of 11 since i had to manually add in entry rather than the site importing from strava/garmin ;p


Slowman needs to lock up this thread and then open it up again on Nov 15th, 2017. Now we are on the feats of strength phase!!!!!

Yeah, sorry sorry....I have been swamped trying get a startup company going and off the ground and I realize that i am 5 days late for the annual 15 Nov start date for the Airing of the Grievances.

My grievance is that you guys want to complain about life more than me and already beat me to the misery loves company month long festivities.

So can I complain that I don't have the the time to generate a new thread and we should just use this thread.

....and the first guy who says, "Dev you suck, you have time, everyone gets 168 hours in a week, so what's your excuse for not getting the thread up in time????" is welcome to cut and paste this grievance.

Now let's roll with last year's thread and get it out of our system.

I don't forsee any rule changes nor wussification unless the grievances are really warranted. Now onto the 12th year of this challenge (or whatever, we started in 2006-2007) hopefully we got any rule change related grievances sorted out.

Alright then.. this year you post your most recent 5k / half result. Any run less than 10k cannot be more than 90s / mile slower than 5k time. Any run longer than 10k cannot be slower 2min/mile than half time. Non of this qualification combination of days rule. Minimum is 1 mile


http://www.coupleofathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering when you would finally wake up and post the grievance thread. Another year, another go at 100/100!

"Ain't no shortcuts to the Opry."
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
gogogo! wrote:
i think randmart should make bibs for us to wear while we do the 100/100 (or the 70/100 in my case.


I made up a blank one for you to start with



You can use Sharpie, or crayon, or paste it into Powerpoint to put your name onto

If you're fortunate to have Photoshop [as I do] you can make like such









[the full-size blank can be found here]

If I'd know that I'd be losing access to Photoshop, I wouldn't have embedded the date in the pic

I'll see what I can do to remedy that for this year

Blessed are the Nobodies, for Theirs is the Kingdom of Fascinating Stories
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any specific grievance this year, my back has healed up quite nicely. On Dec 15, 2016 I couldn't run 10 minutes without the feeling of being hit with a hammer on my SI joint. This year I'm shooting for 6 days a week throughout. Won't get me 100, but should get me some street cred back!

--------------------------
Runners Roost Race Team
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Six days out of seven gets 85%, which is a medal of some sort, I believe

Blessed are the Nobodies, for Theirs is the Kingdom of Fascinating Stories
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,
My primary grievance is that I can never remember what day we start...is it December 15th?

Inquiring legs want to know.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I'm all about athletes mastering triathlon
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Dev,
My primary grievance is that I can never remember what day we start...is it December 15th?

Inquiring legs want to know.

Ian

Dec 15th are when the feats of strength officially commence. Meanwhile festivus pole is over in that corner over there ------->
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a simplification and anti-wussification of the rules? 30 minute run time or it doesn't count period!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
If I'd known that I'd be losing access to Photoshop, I wouldn't have embedded the date in the pic

I'll see what I can do to remedy that for this year

OK, I think we're good



Blessed are the Nobodies, for Theirs is the Kingdom of Fascinating Stories
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, I'm interested in joining this year. How do we log our runs?

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I PM me for 25% off discount code at everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Alright, I'm interested in joining this year. How do we log our runs?

Hey Sean and everybody, the training log is working pretty well. I'll have the 100/100 challenge created early in December.

Also note that I've been spending time getting integration with Strava working and it's almost ready. That would save a lot of people time and effort getting into the challenge, yeah? :^)

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've messed with the log in the past and could never get it to work. I'll try again. But if you could use strava then yeah it'd be super easy.


Edit: Ok just tried again. Can't figure it out. How do you get your activities to auto sync with the log? I use a garmin and also strava/trainingpeaks.

When I click on strava integration is goes to a page that says "page not found."

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I PM me for 25% off discount code at everymanjack.com
Last edited by: Sean H: Nov 27, 17 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread (Dec 1) originally posted 2014 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Yes, I've messed with the log in the past and could never get it to work. I'll try again. But if you could use strava then yeah it'd be super easy.

<snip>

When I click on strava integration is goes to a page that says "page not found."

Yes. Almost ready. :^)

At first it'll be as easy as clicking a Sync button.

-Eric
Quote Reply

Prev Next