Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate
Quote | Reply
I scoured the web trying to find the answer to this question, but failed.

So Profile design released their 1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate so that those interested in their Aeria hydration bottle could use the 1/Seventeen Stem instead of being limited to the Aeria ultimate.

Can this faceplate be used on any other stem that has the same clamp diameter and width?

Dominic Pollizzi

Quote Reply
Re: 1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate [zestypollizzi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to Profile Design, no. It does work great with the 1Seventeen though.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has only been tested on that stem, which is a bit more solid than some other options.
Thus only the 1/Seventeen is approved

While we're on the topic - no there will not be a faceplate for the 1/zeroseven stem as the HSF cover was only designed for flat stems.
It may come if future bottle designs allow it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh ive been waiting for this to be released! :D I already have the stem and wanted the bottle.... Now i just need to find it in stock somewhere ...

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Quote Reply
Re: 1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification! That's what I was aiming for, if anyone has really used it with another stem. Guess I'll just need to suck it up for the extra $60, been wanting just a tad more drop anyways

Dominic Pollizzi

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you just go with their 1/seventeen stem and faceplate and then the bottle system, what are we giving up vs the original heavy stem?

Where does the junction box go, as in the Aeria heavy stem it fits inside. So are we just giving up some clean cables by going with the new faceplate/stem set up?

Any pictures?

Thanks as I am thinking of upgrading to the Aeria for an upcoming IM.
Quote Reply
Re: 1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agree where do you put the junction box on Di2 when you use the fact plate vs the Aeria stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the Aeria stem I had, putting anything other than a B junction box in the stem was problematic anyways, as it wasn’t removable for charging without removing the handlebar.

I wasn’t terribly impressed with the Aeria stem to be honest. I like this new option a lot better

Re: 1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry what’s the new option?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Sorry what’s the new option?
Sorry by “new option” I meant the 1/seventeen stem.

Quote | Reply
Ah ok, even though there is less cable routing and cleanness with the normal stem/face plate?

Thanks as I am trying to decide which stem to go with now as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may not be as clean visually but I’d have to think if you route things neatly, it’ll all still be shrouded by the actual bottle itself.

The original Aeria stem is so heavy it’s a comical. I know aero > weight but it’s ridiculous

Quote | Reply
Ok you think the face plate works on other profile stems instead of just the one they state?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It only works with that stem. Aris has different spacing and 1/zeroseven angle doesn't go well with the bottle. 1/seventeen is the only tested and approved option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Di2 rs910 Junction with PD aeroport to hide nicely in back of extensions.

Much more practical than inside the stem. Then shrink tube di2 cable to brake cable to keep that tidy and tuck under the bottle cover so the wind doesn't see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

Do you know if they are going to continue producing the faceplate? Looks like it's sold out everywhere. (trying to figure out my front end for this season. 130 stem + aeria ultimate hydration would be great for me.).

Thanks!

Coach of TriForce Triathlon Team

Quote Reply
Re: 1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate [kevincoady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No plan to discontinue. Availability is a problem everywhere.
There is production shipping out in March, but quantities may be limited and local availability will depend on the distributor. I don't know what the USA warehouse has on order. There are only a handful on the way to Asia-Pacific.

With a 130 stem the shroud probably won't reach the headtube, but should still be faster than any other bottle option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the faceplate with a different stem, but it wasnt great... That being said I have a 90mm one/seventeen stem if you want to get that vs the full $60

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply!

Do the 110 or 120mm stems reach the headtube typically? Or just the standard 100 mm?

Thanks-- I appreciate the insight.

Coach of TriForce Triathlon Team

Quote Reply