Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1/8" play in cassette on Corima Disc...is this normal
Quote | Reply
I just put a cassette on my Corima Disc last night and noticed there there is about 1/8" of play in the cassette. I looked my Zipp 404's, Zipp 440's, and Mavic CXP33's and they all seemed to to have less play. Does anyone know if this is a problem or how to remedy it (spacer inside locking ring or inside largest carrier). Also, I mounted a tire on my Corima 4-spoke last night and installed it....the rim appears to be out of true by about an 1/8" also....has anyone else had this problem....I know that Hed 3's are at times a little out of true. Any help is greatly appreciated. Do you really need to run these special red composite pads on Corima Discs/4 spokes or will something else work....I would hate to have to change brake pads before each race. I guess the other option is to just buy another bike and leave one setup for races only :) (That will go over well, especially today with it being my anniversary!!!)

JJ

"Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying"
Quote Reply
Re: 1/8" play in cassette on Corima Disc...is this normal [jjtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some composite wheels have play. Hed 3's have it, too.

Use the Red brake pads. Trust me on this. There is not much carbon on the braking surface. Really, any cork brake pad works, but the Corima pads were optimised for the braking surface of that wheel.

They don't wear out that badly, though there is a very good reason why they give you four sets of pads. You get roughly 500-700 miles out of the pads. Get rid of them when you see about about 2/3 of the lettering.
Quote Reply
Re: 1/8" play in cassette on Corima Disc...is this normal [jjtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the disk there should have been an aluminum spacer that goes on the wheel side of the cassette. I forgot to put it in when I first mounted the cassette and there was some play, with it, the play is gone. I think if you use a Campy 10, the spacer is not needed but can't say for sure since I use Shimano/SRAM cassettes.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply