Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1/2 IM in the rain
Quote | Reply
Looking at the forecast for Wildflower - chance of rain. Any suggestions for racing a half in the rain/mud? I was planning on wearing my DeSoto skin suit, but not sure this is the right call.
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 IM in the rain [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John
I rode the long course in rainy windy weather 2 weeks ago. Wore my skinsuit plus arm ,leg warmers [it was in the 50.s] vest. carried my plastic rain cape in the pocket [didn't rain hard enough to need it]

we have been having lt rain showers all week in the Santa Cruz area [1.5 hrs north of WF by car] but nothing really heavy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 IM in the rain [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two and a half hours or more is a long time to be out on a bike in cool/cold wet conditions. The great thing about cycling attire is that it can be taken off/on with such ease, even while riding the bike.

My suggestion would be a cycling or tri, full skin suit with arm warmers and knee warmers and then a nylon vest if it is really cold/windy. The arm warmers, the knee warmers and the vest could all be removed while on the fly if you got too warm and then stuffed in a small fanny pack.

Then at T2 if you still have the extra gear on it can easily be removed for the run. You don;t need that much on to stay warm when running.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply