Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

09 Cervelo P3C or 08 Felt DA TTR
Quote | Reply
Hi. Been lurking a while now and finally decided to sign up. I recently acquired a second tri bike and have a question.

A little background; I have been doing triathlons about 8 years now. I started on a Giant Defy and picked up an 09 Cervelo P3C two years ago.

The Giant became a full time mount on the trainer until recently when I found a crack in the drop out. So I got on CL and found an 08 Felt DA TTR for a great price that I was going to use to replace the Giant. After fitting it to me and taking it for a couple IRL rides, I am now debating whether this may be a better bike for half and full Triathlon than the Cervelo. Previous owner had upgraded to SRAM shifters and derailleurs as well. Maybe it is just because it is a different bike? So I am considering having the Giant welded up and continuing to use it and maybe use the Cervelo for International and Sprint and the Felt for the longer races.

Anyway, I would like to solicit opinions of the more experienced folks here in a proper solution. Thanks in advance to all
Quote Reply
Re: 09 Cervelo P3C or 08 Felt DA TTR [jmeirhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an 2008 Felt DA frame that I got for free. Had a cracked frame. Search and I have a build topic with some info.

It’s ok. The rear brake pickiness is a bit ‘meh’. Can only run certain ones and the rear one is picky with cranks and power meters and stuff. I do like the totally routed internal cable paths. The rear brake won’t really clear a Stages type power meter without a shim spacer. The seat clamps on many either are cracked or will crack. Felt sells an affordable replacement part.

I run it with an HED trispoke from that era and Renn disc also of that era. I tossed 11spd parts on it and ride the thing like a maniac.

It’s a pretty good bike for low budget. At one point, in 2008, it was a pretty expensive bike.

Any of that age I’d put in new headset and BB and all new cables and such. The cable job is DIY since the routes are easy.
Quote Reply