Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
*Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers*
Quote | Reply
2020 is here and the Spring Classics are less than a month away! First up on February 29th is Omloop Het Nieuwsblad.

Edit: Thank you Tri_joeri for this.

The tally will be updated here: https://docs.google.com/...03270#gid=1993129568

The rules have changed a little bit compared to last year, hopefully making things a bit more fair/interesting, especially with regards to the flyer picks. Sometimes the odds were a bit ridiculous unfortunately.

- There will be 4 individual picks for each round: - 3 podium picks, submit them in a,b,c order with a being your pick for 1st place, b for 2nd place and c for 3rd place
- 1 flyer/wildcard or whatever you want to call him, who has to have worse than 50:1 odds

I went over the betting odds posted last year and in my honest opinion, the guys that were worse than 50:1 are the ones who I truly see as a wildcard for the win. I'll try to post the odds 3 days up front and try to keep them from the same website if possible so there is at least some consistancy on that part. The odds are what they are, we're not going to be argueing about them.. Up to you to use them to your advantage.

I will post the odds below in this post.

- If any of your 4 picks end up in the top 5, you get 1 point for each of them that makes it into the top 5. If any of your podium picks end up on the podium (in any order) you get an extra point for each of them that make it onto the podium. If you get the order correct as well, you get an additional point extra for each of them. If your flyer/wildcard makes it onto the podium, you get 3 points!

- The winner will ofcourse be the one who scores the most points. We will be doing 13 of the Classics race in total so be sure to put up picks for all of them.

- All picks have to be in by 4h before race start. They start in the morning Central European Time so everyone that posted his picks or edited his post after that timeline will unfortunately not be elligible to get any points from that race.

- In case of a draw, these will be the tie-breakers: - Number of points from the 4 monuments (Milano-San Remo, De Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris- Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège)
- Number of winners from all events
- Number of winners from the 4 monuments
- Number of podiums from all events
- Number of podiums from the 4 monuments

Of course the real winner is the one who enjoys his speciality beers whilst watching the race after a hard training in the morning (or at least morning in case of us Europeans), which is hopefully almost everyone in this thread ;)

If something is not clear, let me know and I'll try to update this post to make things more clear. English isn't my native language so I'll do my best ;)

Enjoy everyone, I think we're up for a fascinating one if the races that are going on right now are anything to go by.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 22, 20 22:04
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giddy Up!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SEND IT!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SEND IT!!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for starting the thread, @turdburgler!

trail wrote:
SEND IT!!

I think the real life equivalent of @trail's excited double post would be Boonen attacking the Taaienberg, with still a good 80 km left in the race :)
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 4, 20 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's hard to contain excitement with opening weekend practically within grasp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sheeeeeeeeit, I can't wait. What sorts of vulgar displays of power will MvdP unleash? How dominant will the wolfpack be? What about Phil Gil, a year older and on a new team? Peto? The most wonderful time of the year.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
thanks for starting the thread, @turdburgler!

trail wrote:
SEND IT!!

I think the real life equivalent of @trail's excited double post would be Boonen attacking the Taaienberg, with still a good 80 km left in the race :)

Yes! Trail went FULL GAS!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Sheeeeeeeeit, I can't wait. What sorts of vulgar displays of power will MvdP unleash? How dominant will the wolfpack be? What about Phil Gil, a year older and on a new team? Peto? The most wonderful time of the year.

The peloton is right to be weary of MvdP. He showed them what freakish power he possesses last year and if CX Worlds are any indication he his stronger yet this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of great sublots.
One of the good ones is if the CCC partnership of GvA and Trentin will pay dividends? on paper it should as they were both at the pointy end of the races last year both without any teammates.

Will the world champion be anything more then a flash on the pan?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be curious to see how Mads goes. He basically won the Tour Down Under for Porte with his sterling work and looked mighty strong for this early in the season.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus Gilbert + Degenkobble, Matthews + Benoot, Langeveld + Vanmarke + Bettiol and DQS bench stacked with talent like Asgreen, Senechel, Lampaert.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awwww yes! Hoping Sep has a great year. Class rider who deserves a bit of luck for at least one Spring.

Plus he and EF were crazy nice to me in Belgium last year and encouraged me to join them when I was out riding. Proper good blokes the lot of them. Sep, Alberto and Langeveld were particularly nice characters.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I just checked my Training Peaks and my all time best 20 power was trying to ride with the EF classics squad lest year in March. Not in testing, not in a race, but trying to ride with them on their reccy haha. I remember that day well. Being over here its not uncommon at all to jump in and train with pros. That day stands out though. They fucked me proper and showed the difference between us. I think I popped after a few hours and they kept on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing how all these new young talents do.

Calling out Van Aert in particular - I'd be very happy for him if he makes it back to the top tier after that injury. His CX season was promising!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
So I just checked my Training Peaks and my all time best 20 power was trying to ride with the EF classics squad lest year in March.

My best might be trying to ride with Cavendish when I think he was in the deepest depths of his viral issue.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So looking forward to this! Hopefully we will see the Sagan and Kwiato of old back in top form, an on fire Little French Fucker playing games with everyone, MvdP lighting the world on fire and hopefully Van Aert being in top form at P-R to go for the win.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
So I just checked my Training Peaks and my all time best 20 power was trying to ride with the EF classics squad lest year in March.

My best might be trying to ride with Cavendish when I think he was in the deepest depths of his viral issue.

lol. Like I said, I popped hard at the end and I think they were still going for another couple of hours. They weren't fearing for their jobs ;)
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
So looking forward to this! Hopefully we will see the Sagan and Kwiato of old back in top form, an on fire Little French Fucker playing games with everyone, MvdP lighting the world on fire and hopefully Van Aert being in top form at P-R to go for the win.

Yes! Sagan has a new coach, Kwiato is rested and revitalized, Van Aert is recovering nicely and racing well so quickly after getting back on the bike. MvdP has remained super man. I even begrudgingly like LFF even if my French wife seems to love him more than she loves me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Basically QS to ride at 500w on the front every event all the time and no one else will get a look in!!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DQS certainly has started 2020 right where they left off last year so your prediction seems pretty reasonable! :)

One thing is for sure; that team knows how to close out races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "preseason" was great. Caleb Ewan was on fire on his home turf. Looking forward to seeing PhilGil with said team. Can he complete the monument sweep? Will he be able too? The story earlier in the month was possible reroute vs. cancel due to landslide on the Poggio in December.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see Phil Gil complete his monument sweep. Classy rider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:

Yes! Sagan has a new coach, Kwiato is rested and revitalized, Van Aert is recovering nicely and racing well so quickly after getting back on the bike. MvdP has remained super man. I even begrudgingly like LFF even if my French wife seems to love him more than she loves me.

Congrats on your marriage!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! The marriage comes with a bonus: her family lives by the mountains so trips to the inlaws provide ample opportunity to eat and train in a wonderful location. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next