Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
*Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team
Quote | Reply
ENVE is pleased to introduce ENVE Racing, an amateur race team designed to provide age group multi-sport athletes with access to a like-minded network of racers and brands focused on a refined racing experience. To manage ENVE Racing, ENVE have partnered with long time ENVE athlete and ambassador AJ Baucco.

The main objective of ENVE Racing is to provide multi-sport athletes of all ability levels a better racing experience by providing team members with the equipment, tools, and community necessary to succeed in meeting their personal racing goals while at the same time growing the sport’s base of dedicated triathletes around the globe.

Athletes interested in joining the ENVE Racing program should visit ENVEracing.com for more information.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Oct 3, 18 17:20
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 and only bump
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paying to be sponsored, NICE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they let you use disc wheels?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Paying to be sponsored, NICE!

Most of these teams are only after money, don’t know why people bother.
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When an application asks for your email address first, you know it's good. #emailcapture
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
When an application asks for your email address first, you know it's good. #emailcapture

Everyone needs a 2nd tier email address. I have one I use for contests, mailing lists, etc. So many places ask for an email address now having one you can give away without regret is a nice touch.
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Everyone needs a 2nd tier email address. I have one I use for contests, mailing lists, etc. So many places ask for an email address now having one you can give away without regret is a nice touch.
Google has on the fly alias's of sorts... you can add a word after a + sign or place a period somewhere in your user name...

myemail@gmail.com

my.email@gmail.com - you could filter this e-mail to a folder for junk or whatever
myemail+sometriteam@gmail.com - filter that to where ever...
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of these teams are only after money, don’t know why people bother.

Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Google has on the fly alias's of sorts... you can add a word after a + sign or place a period somewhere in your user name...

myemail@gmail.com

my.email@gmail.com - you could filter this e-mail to a folder for junk or whatever
myemail+sometriteam@gmail.com - filter that to where ever...

this is extremely useful, i did not know that...!! application submitted!! haha
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Not all. I was on a team with amazing support. Helped with equipment, travel, and race entry.

Then the team dismantled and I quit the sport. Go figure!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Not all. I was on a team with amazing support. Helped with equipment, travel, and race entry.

Essentially 3 teams exist which support AGs with out the pay-to-play fee: Every Man Jack, Timex and Snapple.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once-a-miler wrote:
doublea334 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Essentially 3 teams exist which support AGs with out the pay-to-play fee: Every Man Jack, Timex and Snapple.

Not complaining but I think EMJ and Timex are FOP and results based. Not all people would qualify.

If someone pays a nominal fee for a team kit and sponsor discounts and that keeps them motivated then I say go for it.

I've just applied to Zoot and Saris brand ambassador. Never done it. Just wanna see what it's like.
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should sue for emotional damage and make them support us again!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#LongLiveEGO

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always! Speaking of that, I need to mow my lawn this weekend if it stops raining.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The best candidates for ENVE Racing are driven but approachable, performance oriented but down to earth, and seeking ENVE for their ability to squeeze more speed and confidence out of every pedal stroke.
The main objective of ENVE Racing is to provide multi-sport athletes of all ability levels a better racing experience by providing team members with the equipment, tools, and community necessary to succeed in meeting their personal racing goals while at the same time growing the sport’s base of dedicated triathletes around the globe."

This seems to be an inherent contradiction in what they say they're looking for. It's all very well to talk the "all ability levels" talk, but those "best candidates" they mention sure sound like those pushing FOP to me. Unless ENVE are actually going to support athletes of all abilities, it's disingenuous for them to suggest so. I'll be interested to see who ends up on the roster.
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
This seems to be an inherent contradiction in what they say they're looking for. It's all very well to talk the "all ability levels" talk, but those "best candidates" they mention sure sound like those pushing FOP to me. Unless ENVE are actually going to support athletes of all abilities, it's disingenuous for them to suggest so. I'll be interested to see who ends up on the roster.

this is true with ALL teams. the zwift/specialized team was touted as being full support for FOP age groupers but then they have people on the team who are clearly not FOP. this is a common thread amongst all teams. what they say they want vs. what they actually want. not sure why there is a discrepancy. if they want micro influencers they should just say that they want that and don't care about their results.
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am working with ENVE and helping pick this team. I can assure you that we are looking for athletes of ALL ability levels. We truly want a accurate sample of the AG field. That means 17 hour Ironman athletes will have just as good of a chance to make this team. I do encourage anyone to apply, even if they think that they won't make the cut.

Being a good ambassador goes beyond just race results. I would know. I have been a sponsored professional of theirs for years and I don't have the most extensive resume!

-AJ
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [ajbaucco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajbaucco wrote:
I am working with ENVE and helping pick this team. I can assure you that we are looking for athletes of ALL ability levels. We truly want a accurate sample of the AG field. That means 17 hour Ironman athletes will have just as good of a chance to make this team. I do encourage anyone to apply, even if they think that they won't make the cut.

Being a good ambassador goes beyond just race results. I would know. I have been a sponsored professional of theirs for years and I don't have the most extensive resume!

-AJ

Thanks AJ for chiming in. This old man may give it a shot, as few want oldsters....

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Paying to be sponsored, NICE![/quote

You hit the nail on head. All these age groupers talking about their ‘sponsors’ while not mentioning that, as you noted, they pay to be sponsored. What a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
ENVE is pleased to introduce ENVE Racing, an amateur race team designed to provide age group multi-sport athletes with access to a like-minded network of racers and brands focused on a refined racing experience. To manage ENVE Racing, ENVE have partnered with long time ENVE athlete and ambassador AJ Baucco.

Andddd that’s me out
Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [ajbaucco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey AJ,

Just was curious, why do you automatically get charged if you get picked for the team and not have a possibility to have a day or a week to decide? I understand weeding out those that are not fully committed, but what about those individuals whom may want to apply to more then one team and have to wait to get confirmation or a declined entry from others?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The application page suggests you get the team kit and associated gear PLUS an additional $200 of credit at the Castelli store. Is this correct?

Team Gear Package
  • 2019 Team Kit from Castelli
  • 2019 Team Edition Shirt
  • 2019 Team Edition Hat from BoCo
  • 2019 Team Edition Sunglasses from XX2i
  • 2019 Team Edition Water Bottles
  • 2019 Team Edition Backpack from BoCo

Membership Perks
  • Each team member will receive $200 worth of credit to spend at our Castelli Team store. Members can choose to put that credit toward any custom team gear from Castelli.

Quote Reply
Re: *Courtesy Post* -- Applications open for new ENVE AG Tri Team [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big question is what does the cost go towards? A t-shirt and trucker hat?
Quote Reply

Prev Next