Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WvA has 460 Green Jersey points right now

Sagan finished with 477 in 2018, the most ever, so far

How many are left for today, then again on Sunday, and where does Wout need to be to collect 480, 500, or more?

#TooMuchMath

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smart money goes to wout ‘I’m not a robot’ for the sprint

Place bets to groanywagons and phillipson-wah

Yack-obsen has question marks from going deep the other day but if he has recovered he has the pace easily. Very quite tour from the team formerly known as dudes-in-knicks

Sympathy bet to Caleb youaintgonnawin because he has had terrible luck and a crappy tour

Sagone hasn’t been the same since covid for the 45th time. Or for a few years really
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also on Sunday ...

Le Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift coverage on Peacock starts 7:20AM EDT; the Men's finale comes on at 10:10AM

I wonder if Ant is doing both, starting with Hannah, then going to Nico? Or will they let Hannah do Stage 1 of the Women's by herself?

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Smart money goes to wout ‘I’m not a robot’ for the sprint

Place bets to groanywagons and phillipson-wah

Yack-obsen has question marks from going deep the other day but if he has recovered he has the pace easily. Very quite tour from the team formerly known as dudes-in-knicks

Sympathy bet to Caleb youaintgonnawin because he has had terrible luck and a crappy tour

Sagone hasn’t been the same since covid for the 45th time. Or for a few years really

9/10 for the names.

0/10 for predicting the winner. Though honestly no one was going to predict Laporte.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 22, 22 10:37
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was a great move though. Realized that he could lean on the break for a bit of assistance and, to his delight and perhaps to his surprise, Stuyvens obliged with much more.

Certainly more craft than how he handled the finish to Gent Wevelgem earlier this year.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

in your opinion, what is the probability ISN can pull out of the relegation fiasco ?

https://lanternerouge.com.au/2022/05/25/worldtour-2020-22-team-ranking/

Here is the best coverage for that. It is interesting seeing teams hold back certain riders from the Tour or other big races in lieu of entering small races to attempt to clean up points. So many teams are doing it either because they are desperate to grab points or the other thing we are seeing is some teams slightly higher up in the World Tour going to race defensively so that others don't gain on them.

ISN has been doing the former of what I described above. It will be touch and go for them.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great move by Laporte. Lots of tired legs out there - sprinters teams could not even come close to controlling the finale.

Really cool to see Stuyven, Gougeard, and Wright committing 100% to the break and almost making it.

I'm a little disappointed that Fred Wright didn't get the combativity award. But it's only a matter of time before he gets a big win.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a great read of the race situation by Laporte and I am happy to see him bag a win. He was an awesome teammate in the Spring as well as the Tour. When given opportunities he has shown how strong he is in his own right.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
marcag wrote:

in your opinion, what is the probability ISN can pull out of the relegation fiasco ?

Here is the best coverage for that. It is interesting seeing teams hold back certain riders from the Tour or other big races in lieu of entering small races to attempt to clean up points. So many teams are doing it either because they are desperate to grab points or the other thing we are seeing is some teams slightly higher up in the World Tour going to race defensively so that others don't gain on them.

ISN has been doing the former of what I described above. It will be touch and go for them.
I could well be doing something wrong (often the case whenever it comes to technology), but I can't seem to find an "up to the minute" ranking of the teams at risk of being relegated.

I can find a list from "lanternerouge" as of 27 June. https://lanternerouge.com.au/2022/06/27/lotto-draws-level-with-bikeexchange-whilst-israel-surge-relegation-battle/

There's another good list/discussion from "inrg", but I haven't seen anything more current than 28 June. https://inrng.com/2022/06/uci-world-tour-28-june/

Teams have been sending some of their better riders to a few of the "smaller' races. (Finishing 5th at GREE-Tour of Guangxi earns as many points for your team as a TdF stage win.) Good for the smaller races trying to attract riders to keep these races relevant.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
It was a great read of the race situation by Laporte and I am happy to see him bag a win. He was an awesome teammate in the Spring as well as the Tour. When given opportunities he has shown how strong he is in his own right.

Indeed. He's been great. Good to see what he can do within a strong team effort. In this case Le Tour de Wout.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wout sat up and recovered for that last 3km. That should give him all he needs for the back to back TT/Champs wins. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of scary that JV could conceivably win the last 4 stages, which with 3 jerseys, will make Jumbo's revenge complete.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 22, 22 12:56
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
marcag wrote:

I could well be doing something wrong (often the case whenever it comes to technology), but I can't seem to find an "up to the minute" ranking of the teams at risk of being relegated.

I can find a list from "lanternerouge" as of 27 June. https://lanternerouge.com.au/2022/06/27/lotto-draws-level-with-bikeexchange-whilst-israel-surge-relegation-battle/

There's another good list/discussion from "inrg", but I haven't seen anything more current than 28 June. https://inrng.com/2022/06/uci-world-tour-28-june/

Teams have been sending some of their better riders to a few of the "smaller' races. (Finishing 5th at GREE-Tour of Guangxi earns as many points for your team as a TdF stage win.) Good for the smaller races trying to attract riders to keep these races relevant.

Scroll down to the graphs. You will see they are indeed updated daily, with today being the latest update.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard plenty of chatter during broadcasts that Primoz should have stuck around and wasn't being a good teammate, etc. Turns out he has two broken vertebrae and could miss the Vuelta.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

Scroll down to the graphs. You will see they are indeed updated daily, with today being the latest update.
Duh, too easy.

Thanks

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, if Hugo wins Montreal, it should all be fine :-)
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We shall see ;) I hope he does.

To honor Roglic's earth and backbreaking attacks on the Galibier, it is being renamed Brokeback Mountain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
We shall see ;) I hope he does.

To honor Roglic's earth and backbreaking attacks on the Galibier, it is being renamed Brokeback Mountain.

I like it. I can't imagine how he attacked like that in that condition. That's unreal. This Tour really has it all. I'm really looking forward to the Netflix series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Wout sat up and recovered for that last 3km. That should give him all he needs for the back to back TT/Champs wins. ;)

I wonder how hard he'll go in the TT. It's pretty long at 40km, so going all out would probably take the edge off his sprint on Sunday. But of course it's Wout so all bets are off.

Will be interesting to see how Ganna and Kueng do. It's been a pretty tough Tour so they probably won't be anywhere near their best. I think the GC guys like Tadej and Jonas may have a good shot at the stage win.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wout will win! Thus far there is nothing to tell me he won't be the most powerful and amongst the most slippery riders out there.

I do need to see if Jumbo is wearing the helmet of bad karma though. If he and Jonas are wearing it, Pog might Lemond Venga here. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like the Tour broke Bissegger.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poor guy. He did manage a smile while thanking another rider for handing him a bottle since he didn't have one on his spare.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to Ant & Nico we just learned there IS a prize for Lanterne Rouge - sponsored by lastminute.com, a travel spot like kayak, trivago, or booking.com - and it WILL be presented on the podium tomorrow

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Wout will win! Thus far there is nothing to tell me he won't be the most powerful and amongst the most slippery riders out there.

I do need to see if Jumbo is wearing the helmet of bad karma though. If he and Jonas are wearing it, Pog might Lemond Venga here. ;)
Wow, is it all over after van Aert's ride?

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonas is incredible. If he keeps this up the climb, he will win it
Quote Reply

Prev Next