Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Looming question for Pog: did Covid drop him?

He looked pretty sprightly during interviews, and vows revenge.

The GC battle between 2nd-7th is just packed. Six guys within a minute. You know the Ineos death star, weakened but still operational, is coming online to try to consolidate that mess.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems to me that after tomorrow it is going to be relatively easy to stay in the bunch with hilly or flat stages until the last couple of days say 18 and 20 where time can be had... It will be interesting if Pogacar can either hold or claw back any time. Vingegaard should barring any mishaps be able to stay with Pogacar at this point in time unless the 2 HC days cause another reshuffle.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed today's stage. Kinda funny timing with my earlier post about Tadej being invincible.

Really hoping for some back and forth and leader changes in the next few stages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:

I wish I could do that, but my knee (sometimes knees) starts bothering me at 75-90 min in...

My brain starts bothering me at about 45 minutes.

so does mine

I need a zwift race, an engaging zwift group ride environment (e.g. one where i help dropped riders chase back), or sports coverage (soccer or cycling) to tide me through 45 minutes

The two months or so this year when i rode primarily outdoors in Madison was just glorious. Now I’m in a locale not as conducive, and it’s back to zwifting...
Last edited by: echappist: Jul 13, 22 12:33
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Antiques Roadshow

Pretend I am bikepacking from town to town. You can't believe how quickly 30 minutes goes by trying to deduce if it truly is a pre Civil War typesetting machine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:

I wish I could do that, but my knee (sometimes knees) starts bothering me at 75-90 min in...

My brain starts bothering me at about 45 minutes.

My taint starts bothering me.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, glad I was wrong about that too.

There will undoubtedly be ambush stages in there but with how crazy strong JV is with Wout and Roglic, Vinge would have to completely fall apart to lose that way,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Said it in another thread, but TiboPino, Gaudu, Bardet are10 star favourites tomorrow (we are breaking the system). Maybe WaWa as a special nomination.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can recommend RGT.

You can build "real" roads using GPX courses, so you can actually ride the roads pros race on e.g. Galibier, Tourmalet, World Championship courses, etc.

You can search for existing real roads on RGTDB.com, source them through the FB user site, or build your own:
1) Get a GPX course from Strava or plot your own route and export the GPX course.
2) Smooth the GPX course using free online software e.g. GPXmagic.
3) Upload the GPX course to RGT.

You can set up a group ride with bots that can ride at a set W/kg (pace bots) or variable W/kg (real bots) to make a group ride immersive and (not) challenging as you like. Nothing beats trying to climb at threshold like trying to keep up with virtual 1s and 0s :-)

The scenery may be generic and boring, but that has never bothered me as I keep my eyes glued on the bot in front of me. There are plans on making the scenery replicate actual real life scenes i.e. buildings, lakes, etc.

Plus, if you subscribe, you get the added bonus of access to all sufferfest videos.

P.S. I'm not affiliated with RGT in any way, just a satisfied who jumped across from the big orange Z.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [crocked_knee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Magnus Cort has always had fun social media especially reviewing grand tour hotels he has to stay in. He has been writing a Danish Tour column and wrote this gem.

"I thought the race was over. That victory was out of my hands. I was pretty much smashed.
But the others made the mistake of letting me into the fight. Suddenly it stood still in front, and when I first entered the runway, I knew well there was a chance.
I suddenly did not think that I had no more strength. ‘I'm going to get it,’ I said to myself. That's my victory!
It was a long, long, long and tough sprint. In my heart I had the feeling that I had won, but I was not sure.
I was just lying at the finish line trying to get some air. Stay alive. Come to myself. Suddenly they were shouting on the team radio. It was a huge redemption. People were screaming around me. It was crazy.
This is huge for me. A victory in the Tour de France is the biggest I can ever win. At least measured by publicity. This is what I dream about. That's why I train so hard.
When I win like this, there is a small ritual… I have to go home in the shower, where I put Rammstein on very loud. Then Snapchat comes up while I skip around the room - naked.
Then I make the helicopter (swinging a penis in circles, red.). It goes right out to the closest friends, and then they know that it is going very well.
But that only happens with the big victories. The tour. The Vuelta. Otherwise, I do not film myself naked while I stand and swing with it.
Just to round off the stage again, I was completely roasted out there. When my teammate Alberto Bettiol moved 10 kilometers again, I was done. I sat on the limit just to keep up.
There really was not much gas in the balloon. Several times I was sure they had been driven away in front. It was completely out of my hands. There is no doubt about that. I had no control over it.
I really hadn’t thought I was going to get up and win. Also because the start of the stage was so insanely tough. I went as deep a few times as I usually first dare to do in a sprint.
And I was sure the last climb was too hard for me. But it worked. And it went great.
And I must also say thank you to Bettiol. Without his work up front, I would not have won. That meant I could sit extra much on wheels. It was fucking good for me.
It played out a fun episode in the finish area after my win. I was going to be on the podium and hailed for my victory. Bettiol should have the award as the most aggressive rider of the day. But he had not at all grasped that I had won.
We stood and were about to change, and I thanked him for the great work he had put in for the day.
So it took a few minutes to change clothes, and then he suddenly came up to me - shouting, ‘What the hell - have you won?’. ‘Yes damn it - why else do you think I'm here? He was tired too! That must be the explanation.
It has probably not been much more fun to be Magnus Cort than it is right now. Or - physically, I'm actually feeling a little bad. That’s how it is always when I go so deep. There are headaches and nausea the rest of the day. But I like to take that with me.
It is a huge redemption with this victory. There was going to be wear and tear and hanging in, and then it suddenly goes up eventually. That's damn crazy.
Also because it comes after a hard spring. I've been sick twice and I broke my collarbone.
Now I have my Tour victory. It saves the whole season.
This is why the team bought me. Now it's already a great season. To hit it like this, it's just absolutely perfect.
Most of all, I want to go to town tonight and just go crazy. But it probably does not work. So I'm going home to eat. And of course drink some champagne."
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
I have to go home in the shower, where I put Rammstein on very loud. Then Snapchat comes up while I skip around the room - naked. Then I make the helicopter (swinging a penis in circles, red.)

"Making helicopter" - he's out-Saganing Sagan with that one.

Going to have put on some Rammstein for my trainer session tonight.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Quote:
I have to go home in the shower, where I put Rammstein on very loud. Then Snapchat comes up while I skip around the room - naked. Then I make the helicopter

"Making helicopter" - he's out-Saganing Sagan with that one.

I was thinking horizonal rotation, not vertical

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Jul 13, 22 17:56
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that like the Cesaro Swing? Guess it’s better than the 5 Knuckle Shuffle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just know, the chatter here is appreciated. internet outages today, and you all got me caught up, in fine fashion. I have a tri to produce saturday, so thank you, and please carry on, couldn't ask for better.

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
A side plot at this point, but wonder what's up with Kuss. He's just not going well. Fortunately for JV, all their other guys are going well, and now Roglic is a great domestique as well.

Was wondering the same about Kusstanza. I see him bailing on the world tour soon to cross the Pacific on a raft powered by him on a single speed to raise money for organic weed growers in Colorado.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:
Wonder if Pidcock has the best chance of the 3 CX guys of doing well in GC.

2 CX guys now, MdVP's had enough. But, of course, Pidcock is going to wipe the floor in CX GC classification.

I should have added across their careers. You could see Wout maybe becoming a GC contender but hard to see MVDP doing so.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe D wins today. Ok, gets in the break and has a good go.

Whoops. Not a day for the break.
Last edited by: McNulty: Jul 14, 22 4:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright, we are far enough in that I award Froomie the Red number.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Alright, we are far enough in that I award Froomie the Red number.

Gutsy ride by Froome.
I guess Kusstanza reads ST. Right up front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Being that close to the fans on Alpe is a tad concerning, and I hope all the riders escaped unscathed riding up Alpe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, Sepp. Pro as hell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Damn, Sepp. Pro as hell.

Rock solid team effort by J-V all around.

Once again Pogacar doing the thing where he sprints for the line for a possible second or two. Looked like Geraint was a bit annoyed by that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Damn, Sepp. Pro as hell.

Once again Pogacar doing the thing where he sprints for the line for a possible second or two. Looked like Geraint was a bit annoyed by that.
Makes no sense when there aren't bonuses up for grab
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Damn, Sepp. Pro as hell.

Makes no sense when there aren't bonuses up for grab

He's trying to gain time, lol. Not today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Damn, Sepp. Pro as hell.

Such a baller. What a ride!
Quote Reply

Prev Next