Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.uci.org/pressrelease/uci-statement-concerning-nairo-quintana-rojas/7DIAQXAGCJPfb3Axi6BW3W

Here we go. Apparently he has been DQ'd from the Tour de France. I don't see anything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
How's the coffee?

Haven't opened it yet, honestly LOL

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
How's the coffee?

I just heard from a mate that Nairoman tested positive for Tramadol twice during the TdF and is being sanctioned. I can't figure out what the sanctions are though and he is set to start the Vuelta.

It looks like the only sanction is being stripped of his TdF result (6th GC). Kind of weird.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Use of tramadol in-competition has been banned since March 2019 ā€œin order to protect the ridersā€™ health and safety in light of the side-effects of this substanceā€ the UCI explained in a statement announcing they had sanctioned the 32-year-old

This is an infringement of ā€˜UCI Medical Rulesā€™, cyclingā€™s governing body made clear in its statement, and does not constitute an Anti-Doping Rule Violation.

https://www.webmd.com/...ramadol-oral/details

"This medication is used to help relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs known as opioid analgesics. It works in the brain to change how your body feels and responds to pain"

I'd say that anything with "opioid" is a serious uh-oh, even if it's not a PED

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hereā€™s where it went down: https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Quote:
Use of tramadol in-competition has been banned since March 2019 ā€œin order to protect the ridersā€™ health and safety in light of the side-effects of this substanceā€ the UCI explained in a statement announcing they had sanctioned the 32-year-old

This is an infringement of ā€˜UCI Medical Rulesā€™, cyclingā€™s governing body made clear in its statement, and does not constitute an Anti-Doping Rule Violation.

https://www.webmd.com/...ramadol-oral/details

"This medication is used to help relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs known as opioid analgesics. It works in the brain to change how your body feels and responds to pain"

I'd say that anything with "opioid" is a serious uh-oh, even if it's not a PED

You mean the finishing bottle? Those evil ass concoctions. True story I have been offered that maybe a decade ago before a TT. Caffeine, tramadol, excessive doses of tyleneol and sugar water. No matter the sport, people find a way to do really shitty stuff when they find a loophole. My best friend struggled with opiod addiction for years that he picked up on a WT team...

PEDs fuck with people who have other addictive issues. He normalized needles and non psychoactive drugs until he found what he really liked. I'm glad he got out and got help.

Speaking of tylenol people are and have been abusing that taking really crazy dosages. They are still doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

I can't decide if I'd like to see Keegan in the World Tour or just sticking to these awesome events. It would be great if a team gave him the opportunity for both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep my Vitamin I here

It holds exactly 12 caplets

"Advil has a candy coating. It's delicious. Then it says on the bottle, do not have more than two. Then why do they have a candy coating? I cannot help myself. Let me have ten Advil, I have a sweet tooth" - Mitch Hedberg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
How's the coffee?

I just heard from a mate that Nairoman tested positive for Tramadol twice during the TdF and is being sanctioned. I can't figure out what the sanctions are though and he is set to start the Vuelta.

The UCI has announced that Nairo Quintana had been disqualified from the 2022 Tour de France after testing positive for tramadol on two occasions during the race.

Since March 2019, tramadol has been banned for in-competition use, though testing positive for tramadol doesn't constitute an anti-doping rule violation. As such, Quintana is free to continue competing and won't be subject to a racing ban.

While Quintana will suffer disqualification and a fine for his first infringement, a second would carry a penalty of a five-month ban and a third would carry a nine-month ban.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quintana-disqualified-from-tour-de-france-following-tramadol-positives/

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Wait, I see a Total Energies guy, an Ineos guy, and an EF guy climbing on tarmac. :) This is gravel?
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point if they are abusing opioids perhaps an additional stint with a counselor is in order.

Also, EF announced their squad today. Paduntani is in the race. After an anonymous year besides a TT win I'm curious how he goes.

van den Berg, Shaw, Carthy, Uran, Chaves, Caicedo, Padun, Kudus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I keep my Vitamin I here

It holds exactly 12 caplets

"Advil has a candy coating. It's delicious. Then it says on the bottle, do not have more than two. Then why do they have a candy coating? I cannot help myself. Let me have ten Advil, I have a sweet tooth" - Mitch Hedberg

You have to love Mitch. "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
How's the coffee?

It looks like the only sanction is being stripped of his TdF result (6th GC). Kind of weird.

Nairoman has responded denying accusations and stating he has never heard of tramadol...I'd like to enjoy this sport for maybe a few days at a time before I get frustrated again. I now know why he doesn't have a pain face. Its because he is on pain killers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NairoQuinCo/status/1559953971229474817/photo/1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having just rewatched the Galibier stage on the trainer, I can say with certainty he did not share with Warren Barguil.
Last edited by: WannaB: Aug 17, 22 11:38
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That said, Wawa is French. Tongue wagging is part and parcel for them. French pain face is next level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching Venga vs. TaddyPo was so fun because Venga always looks like he's about to crack, and TPo always looks like he's getting some endurance miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who has the best pain face in modern cycling?

Aru? Voeckler?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Formolo. No contest.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call. He is such a strong engine and has talked about IM after cycling. I have no idea his swim or run pedigree, but it would be fun to see him give it a go.

The crossover has been interesting. Wurf has completely surprised me in a great way, though Hanseeno has surprised me with his lackluster results.

I'm looking forward to see Porte and Campanaerts as they have some serious pedigree in multi-sport. G has said he will be doing one in retirement so that will be interesting. I don't think he has any background.

In other news, Reusser dominated the European Women's TT Championships. I'm only about halfway through the men's race and it looks like Ganna is on a good one today so far. It also looks like his cockpit has been upgraded a bit once again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bissegger for the win over Kung then Ganna. Good for him after his frequent visits to the ground this year in other TTs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Horner is an absolute nut. He makes a video about Quintana and Tramadol, proceeds to explain what it is and pull some of his own Tramadol out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHTneVuI8w

Edit: He essentially is advocating for tramadol, pain killers and Stilnoct to be available for riders to compete.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 17, 22 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m over on your side flying through Amsterdam to Finland, and meet up to ride with partners in FNLD GRVL (2/3 pictured here). We rode together at SBT last week and it was awesome to hear Tiffany talk about the Tour.
[inline AB13A6B1-1565-4680-ACB2-600DF11024CF.jpeg]
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Aug 18, 22 1:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is going to be one hell of a ride. Finland is an absolutely beautiful country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like Nairoman is out of the Vuelta now as he deals with his Tramadol positive with CAS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So who do we think is going to win this thing? Roglic was still riding at a crazy level even with the fractures in the TdF. This build up is certainly compromised, but he is the King of Spain right now. Remco showed at least for a day at San Sebastian that he has TdF winning form. He's leaner than ever right now from my understanding and if you like at the best performances of the year by w/kg he is in Pog / Rog / Venga form. I think Primoz might finally lose a Spanish TT. I'll be curious to see not only how he recovers, but how he uses or doesn't use his team. If he gets it right I think we see:

Remco
Roglic
Yates
Quote Reply

Prev Next