Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
**Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day.
Quote | Reply
If Contador is still a contender he'll have to get out his tape measure and measure up today on this mountain top finish. And the Schlecks... have been oddly passive.

One man who has something to continue to prove is the on-form Aussie, Cadel Evans.

It's a new race starting today- especially if Contador shows any weakness. Questions of the day: can Cadel climb this year? Will Contador have shaken off his first week tough luck? Isthere a new star in there somewhere?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be an exciting stage! Looking forward to it! I'd like to see Cadel pull off a win today. We'll see!

He not busy being born is busy dying.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [JCtri-er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Evans does well today I think a lot of people will forgive his abrasive demeanor. He may be cast as a "new Hinault" since Hinault had an angry edge too. It's a good plot waiting to play out if he can deliver.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Demerly wrote:
If Evans does well today I think a lot of people will forgive his abrasive demeanor. He may be cast as a "new Hinault" since Hinault had an angry edge too. It's a good plot waiting to play out if he can deliver.

Cadel is socially dysfunctional and would probably have to pump gas for a living if he couldn't ride a bike....without a serious attitude adjustment. I would be happy to see the guy finally live up to his hype, but excusing an adult for behaving like a child b/c he has a good day on the bike. Meh, not me. The guy is a tool and one day he will head butt the wrong guy and will wake up in the ER. That's probably how he will change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpL6BA6PBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FikzgWE3t0A
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Jul 14, 11 5:09
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, yeah- I'll say I've had a hard time being a fan of his so far. He seems to have a little different demeanor so far this year, at least I haven't seen any video of him punching anyone yet this year.

It's funny, if he had been constantly winning in previous years and still slapping photographers and fans he might have been described as "scrappy" or "combative". As it is because he didn't do as well as a lot of people expected it turned into ill-tempered and a jerk.

Personally, I don't see his anger helping his cause much before, so maybe a different attitude from him this year.

Anyway- the weather looks good today. That's good. Especially on the big descents.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoogerland on the attack!!

Obvs Chavanel is thinking about Bastille day honors. Hoping these two guys can pull a Flandis here.

Erik
Strava
Last edited by: mcdoublee: Jul 14, 11 5:44
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fiddlesticks. I lost the darn feed.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah ha. There we go. Eh gad it's so beautiful. Gives me chills just watching.

It;s amazing to know this is actually unfolding as we speak. It's such a spectacle.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Tom Demerly wrote:

Cadel is socially dysfunctional and would probably have to pump gas for a living if he couldn't ride a bike....without a serious attitude adjustment. I would be happy to see the guy finally live up to his hype, but excusing an adult for behaving like a child b/c he has a good day on the bike. Meh, not me. The guy is a tool and one day he will head butt the wrong guy and will wake up in the ER. That's probably how he will change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpL6BA6PBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FikzgWE3t0A

That is your evidence that he is socially dysfunctional? Seriously? He seems to freak out a bit when he is swarmed by fans/media. Can you really blame him? Have you ever experienced that? I'd probably lose my shit too if a bunch of microphones and cameras were shoved in my face and people were grabbing at me.

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW in the battle for Green, Cav won the bunch sprint to get 9 points in the int. sprint. Gilbert got 3 points. One less stage for Gilbert to make up room now.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Last edited by: brooks@AllOut: Jul 14, 11 6:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The break is holding strong at about 5:45 up.

Wonder how long that will last... Is it possible that if they get over the first HC that they could stay away?

Should be good!
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big crash in the peloton on the descent

---------------------------------------

http://www.tech-eez.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What in the hell is up with the roads? Guys are skidding out all over the place!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kloden and Sanchez, looks like they will get back though

---------------------------------------

http://www.tech-eez.com
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [techeez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ligget referred to him as 'colored' during the first week. My new favorite Liggetism.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcdoublee wrote:

That is your evidence that he is socially dysfunctional? Seriously? He seems to freak out a bit when he is swarmed by fans/media. Can you really blame him? Have you ever experienced that? I'd probably lose my shit too if a bunch of microphones and cameras were shoved in my face and people were grabbing at me.

Thousands of other professional sportsmen have to deal with the exact same thing. The vast majority of them manage to find a way to deal with it with considerably more class and professionalism than Evans. The guy is 34 years old, he's had over a decade of being in the limelight to get used to the attention, it's not like he's some wet-behind-the-ears rookie.

Anyway, back to the action at hand - gotta love Hoogerland's attitude, that man is hard as nails!
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember an Asian lad being in there a few years ago- not sure what may have become of him. It's hasn't been a sport known for its diversity...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man that road looks slick.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How good is he? Would love to see a stage win!

eganski wrote:
Ligget referred to him as 'colored' during the first week. My new favorite Liggetism.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(EDITED) Fumi Beppu rides for Skil-Shimano and did the Giro.

Tom, where are you watching live and is it online?

Bob
Last edited by: Macho Grande: Jul 14, 11 6:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Voeckler changes bike and here is the eurofeed cooment:

"I'm not surprised he got a bike change considering he collided into a car".

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoiler** Stage 12, Tour: Luz Ardiden. Epic day. [brooks@AllOut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7:13 gap.

wow, its growing fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You are right the guy is a gem. My bad.

How is it that the rest of the peloton is able to not lash out at reporters when they get swarmed after a stage? Or is Cadel the only star at the Tour? Cadel is a drama queen trapped in a man's body who needs a pacifier!

Last edited by: tigerpaws: Jul 14, 11 6:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next