Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, guilty as charged here, as i partook as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
trail wrote:
trener1 wrote:

What in the world happened to Van Avermet and Vanmarke?.

Bike racing. :)

I think they just checked out and decided to be safe. No point ending a season with on a crash or getting sick before MSR. Sagan looked fine at the end, they just did not want to push.

Absolutely.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
trener1 wrote:

What in the world happened to Van Avermet and Vanmarke?.

Bike racing. :)
Sep had a mechanical on sector 7 and had to wait a while to get a new bike. Then chased since the field had split - before running into the man with the hammer. Big bonk and 17 minutes behind the winner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Oh, I know, have been watching PN. But you should check out the Zwift angst threads, which give sprint stages a run for their money.

i crush people on Zwift.........
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
Oh, I know, have been watching PN. But you should check out the Zwift angst threads, which give sprint stages a run for their money.

Are you even an "A", bro?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Are you even an "A", bro?

dude....i rock a 5.2 wkg..........i just, ya know, don't like the whole roadie scene........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5.2 w/kg for a minute? That’s cute đŸ˜œ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there's an A Hole group I might have to look into it.

Will admit screen shot echappist posted about the guy doing 1000 watts for 7 minutes is pretty comical.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Mar 5, 18 20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Will admit screen shot echapist posted about the guy doing 1000 watts for 7 minutes is pretty comical.

Just checked it out. That’s hilarious. Froome Dombrowski would go legit 7th and 8th. Well, Joe anyway..
Zwift needs a World Tour team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just me, or is Quintana getting more whiney every year? Becoming less of a fan http://www.cyclingnews.com/...r-de-france-victory/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Will admit screen shot echappist posted about the guy doing 1000 watts for 7 minutes is pretty comical.

I can do 1000W for 30min but need my generator on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Is it just me, or is Quintana getting more whiney every year? Becoming less of a fan http://www.cyclingnews.com/...r-de-france-victory/

Sounds like the little dude wants the team built around him a la Sky and Froome and le Tour.

Valverde and Landa are probably not the foxhole type guys he needs, but if they decide to really ride for him, I think they'd crush people. But NQ probably hurts his chances of that happening by talking- other than to say these guys are great and wonderful and great teammates. It'll be fun watching Landa go off half cocked.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

To be fair there are few GC prima donnas who *haven't* gotten in public spats with either teammates, management, or both.

Lemond-Hinault (most famously)
Lance-El Pistola (allegedly comical thinks like ordering the team bus to leave Contador behind).
Wiggins-Froome

This Quintana one is relatively mild.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Sounds like the little dude wants the team built around him a la Sky and Froome and le Tour.

Valverde and Landa are probably not the foxhole type guys he needs, but if they decide to really ride for him, I think they'd crush people. But NQ probably hurts his chances of that happening by talking- other than to say these guys are great and wonderful and great teammates. It'll be fun watching Landa go off half cocked.....

won't be the first time Landa pulled that stunt. I believe he did it at Astana to "audition" for his next job
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contador's was LA's doing; people who rode with AC praised him as a GC leader and would ride out of their skin. In fact, his raid on Fuente De was partially successful because of the assist from former teammate.

But Quintana's complains are about more than outright leadership. Last year he complained about management forcing the double (his dad's comments were worse). Now saying he might or might not go hard at non-GT races to focus just on Tour. Hard to see how taking shots at teammates and management will work to his benefit.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Mar 6, 18 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landa & Aru vs Contador was one of the GT best battles in quite some time. So on second thought, maybe "letting the road decide" (e.g. they race for themselves) will be more entertaining after all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Hard to see how taking shots at teammates and management will work to his benefit.

Teammate. It's all about Landa. The team rides hard for Quintana. (Well I question Valverde a bit, but still).

But yeah, his defensiveness is not a good look, I agree.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anybody want to do some informal picks for TA stages and PN? GC, stages.............I missed today at TA but tomorrow etc.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Is it just me, or is Quintana getting more whiney every year? Becoming less of a fan

It took you this long... ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Froome to win both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough luck for Cav these days.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guy cannot catch a break.

Poels and GT FTWs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Froome to win both.

I predict he will have manufactured "bad days" to avoid forcing the race producer to have to alter the podium after the fact should things not work out well for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big sprint from Kittel today. Sagan also looked good, getting up off deck and still nabbing 2nd. OSS did good work for him on run in, could portend of good things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Big sprint from Kittel today. Sagan also looked good, getting up off deck and still nabbing 2nd. OSS did good work for him on run in, could portend of good things.

I think Oss is my favorite rider. Brings his lunch pail to work every day.
Quote Reply

Prev Next