Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Pretty dull stage today. But the following comment from the Cyclingnews.com live commentary was funny.

His telemark podium salute aside, Primoz Roglic’s self-containment is such that he makes Miguel Indurain seem like Conor McGregor.

He reminds me of Denny Menchov.
Sorry..........

do you think Roglic might slip on his a** in the final TT, a la Menchov?
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Pretty dull stage today. But the following comment from the Cyclingnews.com live commentary was funny.

His telemark podium salute aside, Primoz Roglic’s self-containment is such that he makes Miguel Indurain seem like Conor McGregor.

Sorry..........

do you think Roglic might slip on his a** in the final TT, a la Menchov?

That was cool.
Prior to the final tt though, if Roglic doesn’t have a jour sans, the Menchov comparison might stick.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Sorry..........

That gave me a chuckle. Honestly though, he seems very composed. A lifetime of professional sports probably helps with that.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
That gave me a chuckle. Honestly though, he seems very composed. A lifetime of professional sports probably helps with that.

And ready for a 2nd life in a corporate PR department dispensing bland, sanitized corporate press releases.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be a fine 3rd career for him!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At a minimum he doesn’t disguise being a stone cold killer. And I don’t disagree about your other comment either.

A buddy told me a story about Roglic. At the UAE Tour he rolled up to Cav and asked “what are you doing here?” To which Cav replied with a “wtf do you mean, it’s a bike race” kind of response. Roglic’s reply was “no, why are you right here in the peloton at this point in race? I want to learn.” Apparently Cav was taken aback that he misinterpreted Roglic’s question, and then was impressed that he was seeking advice in such a manner.

Will give Roglic credit—he might be stoic but he’s got balls to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imagine if he'd rolled up to Sagan

"Me? I just here to make party"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Stress? What is stress?"
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
At a minimum he doesn’t disguise being a stone cold killer. And I don’t disagree about your other comment either.

A buddy told me a story about Roglic. At the UAE Tour he rolled up to Cav and asked “what are you doing here?” To which Cav replied with a “wtf do you mean, it’s a bike race” kind of response. Roglic’s reply was “no, why are you right here in the peloton at this point in race? I want to learn.” Apparently Cav was taken aback that he misinterpreted Roglic’s question, and then was impressed that he was seeking advice in such a manner.

That's a cool story. Speaks well of him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

That's a cool story. Speaks well of him.

I got to meet and ride with him a bit at GF Valais last year. Seemed like a solid dude, quite unassuming. Was envious of my non-UCI legal R5 ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

"Peloton?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anyone catch the report that Milan Erzen from Bahrain-Merida is being linked to Operation Aderlass?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oooh Erzen was also Prince Nassar's Ironman trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, not good optics for team or Slovenian riders. Sort of wonder if Nibali saw that coming and was a reason behind him wanting to get out of there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

"Peloton?"

"Have a Gummi Bear"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

"Peloton?"

"Have a Gummi Bear"

Hahahaha....very good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow.
Eddie Dunbar!
Benedetti is one tough mofo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stage. Got to be some alarm bells going off for Roglic with his guys disappearing from front on first climb of race. It's definitely not over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real s*** about to hit the fan tomorrow. SHould be great

Not sure today was the best of stages to expend energy (referring to Angel Lopez and Landa). Two tough days coming up; I hope they recover sufficiently
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If today portends of how the race will go down I'll put my money on Nibali stealing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rain and 45F for a high tomorrow I think - i'm with you, I think Nibali has some opportunities to steal time
interested to see how the team support pans out
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slovaks 1-2 in GC right now and first at the ToC. That country is really having a fantastic time at GC at the moment.
Last edited by: trail: May 23, 19 11:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Real s*** about to hit the fan tomorrow. SHould be great

Not sure today was the best of stages to expend energy (referring to Angel Lopez and Landa). Two tough days coming up; I hope they recover sufficiently

I thought that move on the climb was a little impatient, though aggressive- which is nice.
There was a lot of road left after the climb for them to really get away.
Roglic dangled in Nibs group and it looked like he was getting gapped but in retrospect, he was just so strong that he didn't worry about a little push to get back on. Cool cat. Hope those little pushes don't come back to haunt him.

Nibs looking like a danger dude.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Slovaks 1-2 in GC right now and first at the ToC. That country is really having a fantastic time at GC at the moment.

Slovenians.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Good stage. Got to be some alarm bells going off for Roglic with his guys disappearing from front on first climb of race. It's definitely not over.

Yeah. Losing de Plus hurt. The other domestiques are good, but young and were nowehere to be found. Roglic acquitted himself well.

How about my boy Dunbar! Great result for him. Score one for the local lads!
Quote Reply

Prev Next