Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carapz covering Nibali attack, downhill to finish
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Nibali is a badass, even if this move doesn't work.

Sits up, looks to make Roglic follow, then dagger. His descending is such a weapon. You chase him downhill, be careful. Badass.

Carapaz looks like the Baby Pistolero.

Eddie D with another good ride.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roglic did a good job limiting damage but it simply looked like he couldn’t respond when Nibs and Carapaz went. Speaking of, the latter, and Movistar in general is looking formidable.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Roglic did a good job limiting damage but it simply looked like he couldn’t respond when Nibs and Carapaz went. Speaking of, the latter, and Movistar in general is looking formidable.

It was all in all a win for Roglic. Could have been much much worse. Speaking of, Joe posted a pic of his helmet on Instagram. Really smashed it.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a side note MVDP got his first world cup win today. Rode most of the race with Shurter and dropped him on the last lap.

As far as the giro at least it is entertaining! I think Roglic did as well as he could today, mechanical at the wrong time and descending on something you are not used to if very difficult. I do like how Nibali is seemingly having a conversation with himself as Roglic never responds to anything. Nibali is still in the most difficult spot. He can't rely on his TT and his team is not exactly killing it. I suspect next week we will see Landa attack if he is able or at least set up Carapaz for a potential attack. I suspect Carapaz will need 90 seconds to be comfortable with his lead.

Edit: all of the MTB world cup races are free on red bull. They are all around 90 minutes or so and great to watch during a trainer ride. Super intense, exceptional coverage and commentary. The road world could learn a thing or two from red bulls production quality.
Last edited by: Ron_Burgundy: May 26, 19 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
He can't rely on his TT and his team is not exactly killing it. I suspect next week we will see Landa attack if he is able or at least set up Carapaz for a potential attack. I suspect Carapaz will need 90 seconds to be comfortable with his lead.

I think Bahrain is doing OK team-wise. Caruso was lights out yesterday, and Pozzovivo is doing well. They're able to shed all of Roglic's help early every day. Only Movistar has a better team, I think. This would be such a different race for Roglic if he had De Plus, Kruijswijk, and Gesink. Kuss just ain't ready to make those selections.

I agree about 90 seconds. Roglic had 47 seconds on Carapaz (who is no slouch) on Stage 1. Stage 21 is 4km longer. So figure about 5s/km, that's 1:07. Another 20 seconds to get out of hero range.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance’s podcast claiming/verified Roglic’s team car taking a piss w 25k to go and couldn’t get him new bike. (I don’t have video to asses).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kate Courtney won today too and Chloe Woodruff took yesterday. So US women have won all 4 races. Pretty badass.

Carapaz lost 1:55 in 34k ITT. Figure he needs at least a minute to keep it close but can’t imagine he won’t be looking for more. Verona will be a total crapshoot depending on fatigue. Even Roglic folder in last year’s TdF final ITT after being on attack day prior.

Overall, Roglic is damn lucky tomorrow is rest day because he seemed to be going backwards. Tuesday is brutal right out of the gate, will be interesting to see who has legs and who turns the screws.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new Stage 16 course (http://www.giroditalia.it/...stage/stage-16-2019/) is in some ways tougher than the old one, especially coming off the rest day. A lot of legs are gonna' be screaming at that climb right off the start - the old course was downhill for 10k, with 50k to the start of the real climbing.

I think Roglic and Jumbo are in trouble and he could shed a lot of time tomorrow on the Mortirolo. If either Landa or Carapaz is feeling good Movi will be hard to beat - they are in the driver's seat right now. Nibali as always will look for any subtle opportunity but I think he's in wait-and-watch mode right now.

And some of the guys further back in GC could shake up the race - looking to Majka and Yates here.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
I think Roglic and Jumbo are in trouble and he could shed a lot of time tomorrow on the Mortirolo.

Yeah, the 30km off the Mortiolo has ambush written all over it. If I'm Roglic I much prefer a true summit finish because then I can just TT up and know that guys just can't ride away from me by much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
eb wrote:

I think Roglic and Jumbo are in trouble and he could shed a lot of time tomorrow on the Mortirolo.

Yeah, the 30km off the Mortiolo has ambush written all over it. If I'm Roglic I much prefer a true summit finish because then I can just TT up and know that guys just can't ride away from me by much.

Before someone else says it: I was wrong. Roglic will lose not a single second tomorrow.

It's a rest day! :-)

Tuesday will be a different matter: the Mortirolo is brutal:

Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely pumped to watch this stage today. Going to break away from work meetings just to watch the Mortirolo climb. Interested to see if Roglic is able to stay close or possibly attack. I expect Yates will attack and Nibali will looking to put time on movistar. If Carapaz feels good today, he could do some major damage today.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Lance’s podcast claiming/verified Roglic’s team car taking a piss w 25k to go and couldn’t get him new bike. (I don’t have video to asses).

Confirmed

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...lics-jumbo-visma-ds/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nibs going for it
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nibs now has a minute on Roglic and holding about 20" over Carapaz whose still getting paced by Landa. Exciting stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they completely missed that Joe was still way up the road........great ride!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's not Nate Brown !!!!!!!

he and Hugh are the Jeffersons.......movin' on up !!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great ride by Ciccone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge ride for Joe D. That should have ridden him inside top 15 GC, inching towards top 10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your'e 100% right about watching XCO on Redbull TV. It's a blast. Watching Schurter and MVDP duel was hella entertaining.

There should be an official XCO elite discussion thread.

What a season. Kate Courtney ascending to the throne and Neff nipping on her heels, Schurter trying like hell to fight off MVDP, the chaos of short track, it's awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
He's not Nate Brown !!!!!!!

he and Hugh are the Jeffersons.......movin' on up !!!!!!!
Did you say Move on Up?

Solid ride by those two. I hope JoeD can hang tough the next few days (being in the break for so many days is gotta exact a toll). I should have take a screengrab back when my climbing time was second to that of JoeD, going up the first hill of Skyline Drive in Front Royal.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoever comes out on top, Nibs is proving to be the king maker.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
great ride by Ciccone

Stage win, and he locked up the climber's jersey - nice job!

You had to feel a little sorry for Roglic today. He just doesn't have any team support. Bah-Meh and Movi took full advantage of that.

Carapaz is looking really good. Movi were the big winners today.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True that Roglic didn't have team support today but lets face it, he didn't have the legs either, not sure how much of a difference it would have made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Solid ride by those two. I hope JoeD can hang tough the next few days (being in the break for so many days is gotta exact a toll). I should have take a screengrab back when my climbing time was second to that of JoeD, going up the first hill of Skyline Drive in Front Royal.

Impressed with Joe being in the race day in day out. He and Carthy are great racing together.

Nibs is really making the race. His tactic seems to be, whenever the racing is hardest, attack.

Roglic is getting pummeled by experienced GC guys and stronger teams and he’s still standing. They better knock him out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next