Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carapaz sittin' bueno.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now Roglic is isolated AF early in this climb. 3 Movistar guys. 2 Bahrain.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn, JOE D..............I'm choking up over here
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carapaz attacks
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
damn, JOE D..............I'm choking up over here

Holy shit, Joe D has dragged himself back almost to the Roglic group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he's busting it to get back on - come on Joe !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nibs is a mean mofo. He's always dropping my boy.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
argh, dammit...

bummed for Dombrow
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that was a great shot from the helo
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
argh, dammit...

bummed for Dombrow

C'MON JOSEPH LLOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
catch on and onto the front - damn good work
Caruso too
Last edited by: heyMartin: May 25, 19 8:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
catch on and onto the front - damn good work
Caruso too

2 killer days.....he's dyin'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roglic's team has done awesome work these last three days to manage his losses. Outstanding work.
Last edited by: Jason N: May 25, 19 8:13
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
Roglic's team has done awesome work these last three days to manage his losses. Outstanding work.

I think you are being sarcastic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and holy s***, it's all going on. This is how grand tours should be; nothing should be essentially decided until well into the last week

Roglic looks beat; he normally packs a good finishing sprint, and he didn't choose to contest, despite the incentive of four more seconds...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just want to refer back to post #295...

Awesome stage. Roglic either has ice in veins or is f*cked.

Great day for Joe D!
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: May 25, 19 8:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Jason N wrote:

I think you are being sarcastic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and holy s***, it's all going on. This is how grand tours should be; nothing should be essentially decided until well into the last week

Roglic looks beat; he normally packs a good finishing sprint, and he didn't choose to contest, despite the incentive of four more seconds...

Maybe this is the best way to ride if your team is really weak and you always have to be saving something for tomorrow. It's hard to say how Roglic is doing until the next TT.

This is great racing. Maybe four teams think that they have a chance to win the overall and are really animating the race. pink - I'm glad that the Sky team is no longer racing.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I saw comment on cyclingnews that one TV commentator (Italian?) said that Roglic was cramping in the finish.

Last TT is only 17 km. Carapaz is not am awful TT'er -- 11th on Stage 9, 1:55 behind Roglic over twice the distance. Last TT is flat -- which favors Roglic, but also smaller time differences.

Carapaz needs some more time, but the way he is climbing, I think he will get it. Too bad Gavia is likely out on Tuesday.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...-climbing-the-gavia/

hope they don't have to cut Gavia but it seems likely - i've always thought this stage would be a game changer
after a rest day but now ...?

well it is out now, here is new route
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...to-avalanche-threat/
Last edited by: heyMartin: May 25, 19 16:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote (paraphrased) from Nibs yesterday after the stage: "If he wants to just follow my wheel I'll ride to my house and show him my trophy room."

Smack talk like that is a lost art.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giro di Lombardia day at il Giro d’ Italia!

This should make for some fun racing. I actually like the fact it doesnt have the Muro di Sormano. Perhaps a day for De Gendt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Giro di Lombardia day at il Giro d’ Italia!

This should make for some fun racing. I actually like the fact it doesnt have the Muro di Sormano. Perhaps a day for De Gendt?

I'd like to see TdG get some.

I'm watching Joe ride and it's amazing how different it is when a dude can ride for himself. Today, rolling along ahead of the the climb, he's working to stay in the front third rather than taking time off or sheep dogging a GC guy. No reason for him not to look for a good GC placing- same with Carthy. And then there's Kangert who has looked kind of Jungle Bobish. Solid.

In other news, where's the naturally skinny guy Ilnur Menchov? One and done? I think maybe he and Joe will be rolling uphill again soon with Zakarin hunting a stage. A baby Giro reunion. Very different paths since then to the big show.

My apologies to the group for being such a homer but to have the neighborhood kid be the lone American in the front of the Giro is kind of cool. Two years in a row, Nibs put in a dig right when Joe was getting back on and popped him off. Almost funny. Ouch.
Last edited by: McNulty: May 26, 19 6:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Two years in a row, Nibs put in a dig right when Joe was getting back on and popped him off. Almost funny. Ouch.

That's just one of the laws of cycling. Right after you lose contact the fields sits up. As soon as you're about to make contact the field drops the hammer.
Last edited by: trail: May 26, 19 6:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chaos! Joe D down (but seemingly OK). Roglic off the back.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they just said Joe D had got back on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nibali is a badass, even if this move doesn't work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next