Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(Video) New Adjustable on-the-fly Fit Bike
Quote | Reply
Video Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVKUCH_p8JQ

Adam Kellerson spent a good part of last year designing and machining a fit bike from scratch modeled off of the new Serotta fit bike. I've been meaning to make a detailed video and I will create such a video soon to show the minute adjustments possible with this fit bike. But, I decided to just make a 30 second video to show the basic on-the-fly adjustments possible with the fit bike: reach adjustments, stack adjustments, seat post angle adjustments and seat height adjustments. I had Alex jump on without much warning and shot this video with my phone tonight, hence the humor she found in the process. To see the adjustments, watch the base plates for fore/aft movements and the inner stanchion for the vertical adjustments; the worm screws allow for very smooth adjustments that can be hard to see even when moving more than 0.5cm/sec.

Details:

• 100% adjustable on-the-fly with fitee never having to stop pedaling, never having to sit up or stand up
  • Worm screw adjustments

• so smooth fitee often can not feel the fit bike moving
    • can raise 300lbs of weight with little additional work required
  • Measurements on fit bike allow for immediate stack and reach readings
  • 73 degree head tube angle; stack measured to top of wedge through center
  • belt drive with reduction gearing
  • 1upUSA resistance unit (may use Powerbeam Pro resistance unit in the future)
  • foot driven adjustments for fore/aft adjustments
  • hand cranks for vertical adjustments (fit bike will be on stand in near future with easy access to hand cranks)
  • Replacing seatpost with Moots zero setback Cinch seat post (currently using Shadow Conspiracy for 360 degree clamp and non taper-locking clamp)

• reverse threaded bolts connecting two outer plates forces plates apart - no sticking or taperlock
    • clamping and tilt independent; can change saddles quickly and with ease (sorry, not willing to pay $925 for the Swift seat post of beauty)
  • Adjustable seat tube angle. Measurements on fit bike take into account vertical height effecting seat tube angle
  • Considering machining a lobed slot in the crankset on the fit bike to insert a Look Zed2 lobe to effectively change the crankarm length between 170, 172.5, 175 vs. going with Racermate crankarm primarily due to cost and due to it being rare that a customer chooses purchase a crank less than 170, though I personally like see the merit.
  • Stack and Reach attainable on fit bike are well below and above those seen on any current production bikes
  • easily swap handle bars and aero bar configurations
  • It has taken a chunk of time out of bike fits
  • It has allowed for a better retention of perception for the fitee
  • It has provided the time savings and ease for me to justify going back and forth between positions a high number of times during a fit

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: May 29, 11 6:18
Quote Reply
Re: (Video) New Adjustable on-the-fly Fit Bike [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out the video. We had fun making this

Quote Reply
Re: (Video) New Adjustable on-the-fly Fit Bike [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one more bump so people can check this out