Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'89 Hawaii Ironman Video?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of the '89 battle between Scott and Allen? I did not see one @ ironmanstore.com.
Quote Reply
Re: '89 Hawaii Ironman Video? [Wireless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure I have the tv broadcast taped once or twice somewhere. I can copy it, I think, if your interested.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe that on the 25th anniversary that someone at the WTC hasn't thought ..... "hmmmmm, maybe if I were to compile a DVD library with 15-20 hours of awesome footage and classic races over the years that I could see a bunch of these to IM junkies all around the world". I know that I'd love to have footage of these races on DVD since some of my old VHS tapes don't seem to work as well any more.
Quote Reply
Re: '89 Hawaii Ironman Video? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'd buy that... and probably a spare, in case i lose the first

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if Desert Dude can't help you, let me know: justin.baum@jayadvertising.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a copy that I may be able to get taped if the first offer doesn't work out for you.

There is a "20th Anniversery Edition" tape for sale that has highlights from '89... probably a 10 minute segment that exclusively sets up the run battle beteen Scott and Allen, along with some present-day commentary from both guys. It's worth looking in to. There is also some decent footage and interviews re: Allen's meltdowns at the hands of Scott in previous years.

Races prior to 1991 are scarce because they were televised by ABC's Wide World of Sports. In '91, Ironman switched to NBC, and they started selling the videos for home use.

I even contacted ABC Sports directly several years ago to see if they had copies for sale. They do, but it's primarily for commercial reasons and -- if I remember correctly -- it was hundreds of dollars per minute.

The cameras zoomed in so close to Scott and Allen in '89 that you could hear them breathing on the run, hear there footsteps, etc. None of the slow-motion shots with dramatic music in the background like we see today.

God bless.

Ray
Quote Reply