'12 Du Nats...
Quote | Reply
Less than 2 weeks away! Who's racing?
I will be there.

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: '12 Du Nats... [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went last year, I have planned and worked hard to return, but my achilles says "no way". I really like the course and the Tucson area.
It may just be 115 in the shade there (it was 91 degrees last year).
Good luck to you, murder that hill on the run!

-----------------------------------------------------------
"You do what you have to do , so can do what you want to do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: '12 Du Nats... [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Where, on the website, can I find the link to the webinar?
Quote Reply
Re: '12 Du Nats... [chonser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never mind, it's on the home page now.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have they announced where the 2013 & 14 race will be yet?

No racing this spring for me
Quote Reply
Re: '12 Du Nats... [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
115InTheShade wrote:
Less than 2 weeks away! Who's racing?
I will be there.

-

I don't do multisport, but my wife does and is quite good at duathlon. Why are the nationals held so early in the year? While this most recent winter was mild in New England, this was an exception. I would think that if the national governing body was interested in growing this segment of the sport, they would schedule it later in the season, when prospective athletes can properly regard it as an important event.

Not trolling, mind you.

If they held it later in the year, you'd either have little prep time before Worlds (Nancy, France this year in Sept.) or you'd have to qualify for the next year.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The timing is really a function of where you live. Late spring is perfect for me living in the high desert of California. I have raced it in early June, early May, and late July. It has been pretty consistently late April or early May for about five years.

Additionally, whether they (we) like it or not, duathlon is the ugly stepchild to tri, so if you push it too far back you will lose all the folks who would rather be swimming (as hard as that is to imagine).

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: '12 Du Nats... [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cdw wrote:
The timing is really a function of where you live. Late spring is perfect for me living in the high desert of California. I have raced it in early June, early May, and late July. It has been pretty consistently late April or early May for about five years.

Additionally, whether they (we) like it or not, duathlon is the ugly stepchild to tri, so if you push it too far back you will lose all the folks who would rather be swimming (as hard as that is to imagine).

Chad

Ha :) Funny, given my username.

I'm in, but just for the sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is definately possible. I love running and cycling, and except on those rare days when everything is perfect and I head out on the 2nd run feeling great, even I don't enjoy the second run. I would love to put on a run/bike hillclimb.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be coming and hopefully riding Lemmon on Monday. If you beat me again then I may just have to hire Brian as my coach. Oh, wait, he has already told me no before. :)
Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race week!

Upgraded from Sprint to Standard. Should be interesting.
Quote Reply