Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'04 Blade
Quote | Reply
Alright...I realize there have been a lot of posts about the new Blade, but I don't get ABG/Litespeed.

They have changed the Blade's design so often and each year they claim it to be one of the most aero bikes on the market...so why can't they stick with a design and not constantly change it? Successful aero bikes (P3, Trek TT, Kestrels) all seem to rely on the strength of their original designs and don't change it on a whim like ABG seems to....

The new Ti-Phoon and Blade seem to borrow HEAVILY from each other....tubes, rear entry drop-outs, etc....are the bikes losing their identities? And if so - who could justify spending the extra cash on a Blade vs. a Ti-Phoon next year?

I'll stick with my Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: '04 Blade [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"who could justify spending the extra cash on a Blade vs. a Ti-Phoon next year?"

you can't

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bikes will never completely be the same bikes, QR has it's geometry, Litespeed has their beliefs on tri geometry (including really tall head tubes).

In the case of comparing Trek's and Kestrel's bikes, it is not financially feasible to change the design every year as their moulds are made of stainless steel and are quite expensive. In Cervelo's case, they have made the perfect desing and have no reason to deviate.

What am I saying about the Blade? I am not going to say- draw your own conclusion...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lightspeed has its marketing department designing bikes... or so it seems.

The "optimal" 3:1 ratio they are bragging about is total crap, much like the "aero" top tube of their previous incarnations.
Quote Reply