Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” - Is this also true for training?
Quote | Reply
From your training experience, can the quote from the title be true when it comes to training partners?
Quote Reply
Re: “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” - Is this also true for training? [nav|gator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is such a great and simple quote and daily reminder. I'd totally agree with it. Never got on track to making exponential gains as much as I did when I started making friends and training partners with people significantly better than me.

Same can be said of critics. There's an adage that says critical people who rub you the wrong way are the ones you should listen to most closely, because they'll show you where's there's room for improvement - not toxic, nasty, undermining people, obviously, but the one's who offer candid, constructive criticism.
Last edited by: insulinpowered: Dec 26, 20 10:21
Quote Reply
Re: “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” - Is this also true for training? [nav|gator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For swimming? No. I'm prob 2nd quickest on short distances. And defo fastest / most endurance once the distances go beyond swimming pool race distances.

But for biking ? DEFINITELY.

and I usually run on my own. So certainly the most average of the attendees there🙃
Last edited by: BobAjobb: Dec 27, 20 11:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the exception of my two greyhounds, I train 100% alone. I just wish some of their speed would rub off on me.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 people? That must be a very old quote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nav|gator wrote:
From your training experience, can the quote from the title be true when it comes to training partners?

Training partner?

What is this thing you speak of?
Quote Reply