Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

? For Tom Bikesport Mailorder?
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom...

Have you ever thought about opening a mailorder section to your website? I personally do a lot of my shopping online because I can't find any of the stuff I want in the stores and on top of that I don't particularly like the stores in the area and find a many of them dishonest.

I could understand why you wouldn't want to sell bikes over the internet but why not tires, clothes, etc. ?
Quote Reply
Re: ? For Tom Bikesport Mailorder? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Let your plans be dark as night, and when you strike, strike as a thunderclap." Sun Tzu.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: ? For Tom Bikesport Mailorder? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom

If you do decide to go mail order you'll need to bring your accessory pricing back into this stratosphere.

I recently purchased the Jandd "Quick Change" Transition Bag from your store. It's featured on your website as the "perfect transition bag". Retails for $99.99 on sale now for $59.99 while supplies last.

Imagine my disappointment when I saw the same bag featured in the Mar '03 issue of Triathlon magazine along with a suggested retail of $49.99! Just to be sure, I double checked on the Jandd web page. Sure enough, $49.99 retail.

I'm figuring this was either a major mistake on your part, or your trying desperately to pay off all those 3 new bikes in a big hurry.
Quote Reply
Re: ? For Tom Bikesport Mailorder? [Rick Murray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think of it as $49.99 from our store + $10.00 for all the races we sponsor in SE Michigan to the tune of $14,883.00 last year alone and more this year. Add that to the list of reasons we don't bother with mail order right now. No good deed goes unpunished. And, ahh, what races did that website pay for the production of last year? What taxes did they pay in Michigan so the roads you ride could be better? -It's not like a driving a Ferrari my friend. And also, might I respectfully suggest that dirty laundry is more tactfully aired between individual parties if I may. At least that's how I did it. Until now.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: ? For Tom Bikesport Mailorder? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is alot of cash to put your name on the door!
Quote Reply
Re: ? For Tom Bikesport Mailorder? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

If in fact your shop, or any other shop, listed an item as having a suggested retail price greater than that stated by the manufacturer, would you consider that dishonest, or at least a mistake?

I have no problem paying retail or somewhat more than that from my trusted LBS here in Atlanta, but it would put me off if they over-stated the MSRP on products. I agree that this is dirty laundry, as it could have been an honest mistake. Thanks for supporting the sport as much as you and your shop have been doing.

Regards,

Daniel.
Last edited by: tri_db: Mar 17, 03 16:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I meant that it seems like alot of money to hang a banner or have your name on the flyers.
Quote Reply
Re: ? For Tom Bikesport Mailorder? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not to hang a banner or have our name on the flyers. That is not what the money is for. The money is to hold the race. To pay for porta-johns, printing, police, doughnuts for volunteers, renting space heaters and lights, getting folding tables, buying awards, printing T-shirts, paying for online entry services, renting timing chips, bribbing local officials to allow the race to even happen. there are are races in SE michigan where, if somebody didn't step up tothe plate with $$$$ they would be extinct four years (and $25,000) ago. Now I understand your questions though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply