Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"the Pro's Closet" experience
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with this company? I need a new roadie, and can't really afford the features that I want, but maybe can, if used and in great shape. I don't have much time or knowledge to work on my bike, so I would have to trust these guys to ship a pretty-much-ready-to-roll bike. The lack of longterm warranty is my only real hesitancy. any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have purchased a few smaller items (stem, bars maybe) via eBay, which were as advertised, but nothing major like a complete bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one being delivered tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have sold to them and bought from them. I think they do a good job documenting damage to the bikes. Probably a more fair assessment of quality and attributes than most private sellers.

Also, if you buy, do it from their site directly rather than Facebook; the prices are lower. (Unless you have ebay bucks to use or the like)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be able to get a better deal on craigslist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have bought and sold bikes and other gear with The Pro’s Closet. I’ve had nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend them.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a good interview of TPC's VP of sales on the main page. Might give you some more insights into the company, their values, and direction...

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...o_s_Closet_7561.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sold them a bike and bought a used one from them back in December. Great experience. They communicated great. Bike arrived in a huge box and basically just had to install the front wheel. They do a good job of documenting any issues or scratches on the frames
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live a few minutes from their office and have used them mostly for selling and have had great experiences with them (they do take a monster cut though).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had nothing but great experiences with them.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've bought some wheels and odds and ends from them over the years. Very professional outfit, I'd highly recommend them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a frameset from them with some minor paint chips. Everything was well documented and disclosed in their posting and they were helpful and responsive when I had a few questions prior to purchase. I would definitely buy from them again.
Quote Reply
Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are there specific price points where TPC makes more sense as a buyer? I've looked casually over the past couple of months as i think about getting something new in the 3-4K range. 2-3 year old bikes from TPC may be about 1k lower than the bike was new, and probably not less than i could get the same bike as new old stock from a dealer for; and only a few hundred less than the latest and greatest version from a dealer if i wait until a national holiday. i understand, and don't think they are unreasonable, just that the model may not work as well for mid to lower priced bikes because things like servicing, and shipping are fixed costs, and to make a modest few hundred in profit on top of purchase + service + shipping would move the cost to a buyer too close to new retail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've purchased a few items from them over the last few years but nothing as big as a bike.

I've been happy with everything I've gotten from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who recently had a very bad experience with Pros Closet. She bought an expensive bike. It arrived with the frame cracked. It's entirely possible it happened in shipping, but it arrived cracked nonetheless. They would not help her in any way. No refund no nothing. She got screwed. I honestly don't think it's worth risking doing business with them. You'd be better off buying something used locally or even off ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Credit card chargeback.
Quote Reply
Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Credit card chargeback.

She probably paid with cash. You know, so she’d get a better price.
Quote Reply
Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Credit card chargeback.

You are my hero.

Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the more I study, the more I reach the same conclusion. well thought out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Credit card chargeback.

This needs to be requoted twice.

For those who want to know: go read the “help me negotiate my woodway” thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Credit card chargeback.

😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Credit card chargeback.

That, or PayPal “friends and family”

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7083598
Quote Reply
Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have bought two bikes from them and received fantastic service. The bikes ship quickly and are packed well in the bike boxes. I think the prices are very reasonable and I would trust them way more than any random eBay sellers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received one yesterday and had a good experience. As far as assembly, the handle bars were assembled but not installed on the stem. That was probably the most I had to do. The seat was attached to the seat post. I had to slide the post into the frame. The front wheel was not installed either. This is my first bike with DI2 so I had to figure that out. I like figuring stuff out though so it's fun for me.

I bought a torque wrench set on Amazon last night for $46. You'll definitely need one if you plan to assemble the bike and it's something you'll use again if you plan on doing your own fitting.

You could easily take it to a LBS and I bet they would do the final assembly for less than $100.

I'm happy with my experience. All the listings have a spider web illustrating quality. I felt it was representative of what I received.
Quote Reply
Re: "the Pro's Closet" experience [Passmore007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Passmore007 wrote:
I have bought two bikes from them and received fantastic service. The bikes ship quickly and are packed well in the bike boxes. I think the prices are very reasonable and I would trust them way more than any random eBay sellers.
That great that you had a great experience but I guess the issue is: what happens if something goes wrong? In the eBay case you have protection from eBay/Paypal. With Pros Closet you're apparently screwed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next