Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"An interview with Paul Kimmage: Team Sky’s charade has been exposed"
Quote | Reply
Interesting stuff.

"I remember interviewing Marco at his home in Italy a couple of years ago [for the online magazine 2r]. He said, ‘I’ll show you a picture.’ He took out this book on the Giro d’Italia and there is a photo of Wiggins walking with his bike up one of the climbs at the race. So, you have got to ask yourself about that."

https://cyclingtips.com/...kys-charade-exposed/

Does seem to be a lot smoke around Team Sky right now.. interested to see if it all blows over or not.
Quote Reply
Re: "An interview with Paul Kimmage: Team Sky’s charade has been exposed" [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: "An interview with Paul Kimmage: Team Sky’s charade has been exposed" [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a little disappointed in the Kimmage review. Seemed like a lot of stream-of-consciousness rambling rather than much new.

And you just can't use the walking-up-hill bit as evidence of anything. Every cyclist, at some point, has utterly cracked.

But you're right about Sky. All the drips of evidence since October points to Sky exploring the deepest, darkest corners of the gray area at best, and very likely crossing into the black on occasion.
Quote Reply
Re: "An interview with Paul Kimmage: Team Sky’s charade has been exposed" [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, very scattered.

The "walking up a hill" I think was more a symbolic gesture to show his doubts, vs an outright accusation.. I'm sure Pinotti had been around Wiggins enough during that time period that if that was an isolated crack he'd have thought nothing of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Floyd said it better:

"“He was in the gruppetto! I mean, I never talked to him. If he had yelled, I wouldn’t have heard it. That’s how far back in the peloton he was. He sucked. He was good on the track. We knew that. But he was barely average on the road. Barely."
Quote Reply