Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$525 for IMLOU
Quote | Reply
So, i just get this email from Ironman Connect, and its telling me that IMLou is gonna cost $525. Thats $75 more than my last race (IMMoo in '07). WTF..? When did they raise the prices..? On top of this, there is still the Active.com fee of $25(?) . What's up with that..?

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: $525 for IMLOU [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel that this is old news...

Quote | Reply
Are you going to pay it anyway?

Not that it probably matters anyway, as it will probably sell out even if you don't.

I think Adam Smith had some thoughts on why they raised the rate. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So, i just get this email from Ironman Connect, and its telling me that IMLou is gonna cost $525. Thats $75 more than my last race (IMMoo in '07). WTF..? When did they raise the prices..? On top of this, there is still the Active.com fee of $25(?) . What's up with that..?
check the 70.3 races start $210 then jan 2009 $230 then may $250..
thats a crock good thing there are plenty of other half ironman races out there. Lot's of them...

In the dictionary by the numbers 70.3
70.3 Reason to charge over $200 for a half ironman race...

Lord help us when they start having 35.15 races....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure. They jack it up every year. I signed up for CDA '09 back in June and paid that much. It was like $551 after the Active.com fees.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: $525 for IMLOU [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could be old news to you guys, cause i had stopped reading ST for the past few months.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: $525 for IMLOU [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since i'm kinda commiting my '09 season to IM Lou, i'll have to suck it up and pay up. However, this makes the idea of non-branded races more appealing. I think that UMC is now going to be considered a bargain, compared to M-dot races.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is very expensive indeed but I guess that is what they can charge.

With every race selling out in a heartbeat, they have no reason to keep it low.

Plus in all fairness one has to consider that all their costs must have gone up too.

H
Quote Reply
Re: $525 for IMLOU [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can respect both issues, the supply and demand issue - and it's well within their right to raise prices - and the cost are going up issue. They do truck at lot of equipment from race to race and I'm sure the doubling of fuel in the past 2 years hasn't made that any less expensive.

However - I have to say they have priced me out of the Ironman game. I've done local races like IMWI when I lived there, Ralphs when I was out in California for work, etc. but now I think I'm going to have to start looking for local races that are less expensive. It's not just the $75 increase in IM price, it's the increase in gas to drive there, or the increase in flights, or the increase in bike shipping costs. All together I think it would cost me close to $2000 to do IMWI or IMLoo next year. That's too much for one day of suffering.

Now that I live in California i think it's gonna be Vineman, Big Kahuna and Wildflower for me in '09.
Quote Reply
Re: $525 for IMLOU [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Now that I live in California i think it's gonna be Vineman, Big Kahuna and Wildflower for me in '09.

You are a smart man.
Quote Reply