Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$525 entry fee??
Quote | Reply
Got some random Ironman email about registration for 2009 events- IMKY entry fee is $525?? Is this the going rate for IM entry fees now? I think I paid $450 and some change for IMWI '07.
Quote Reply
Re: $525 entry fee?? [dupeetriclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im afraid it is. I think I paid the same for IMLP 07. Im looking into non m-dot races to go long now. I cant afford the entry fee, or having to go to the venue a year before bc online slots are all taken up at the races.

Matt
Race-Ready Endurance Training
Team BIKEWAY.com
NYPD Racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I'm so glad you brought this up...

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Got some random Ironman email about registration for 2009 events- IMKY entry fee is $525?? Is this the going rate for IM entry fees now? I think I paid $450 and some change for IMWI '07.

1991 I think I payed $120 for hawaii ironman man things have changed since then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you aen't looking to qualify, you can save some serious coin by doing a non-mdot iron race.
Quote Reply
Re: $525 entry fee?? [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding. I used to think the price difference was pretty negligible, but I guess I'm behind the times (or never had any concept of arithmetic in the first place).

It's too bad the Grand Columbian will no longer be an option after this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OUCH!!!....I see a few OT shifts comming in the future to help pay entry fees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The heck of it is they are all selling out instantly. It isn't so much an issue of the price as it is just getting in the races.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is hard to consider, but it does represent somewhat of a bargain. The entry fee for an IM races was about $400 twenty years ago. So relatively speaking it has not really gone up that much.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: $525 entry fee?? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The entry fee for an IM races was about $400 twenty years ago.

How many IM races where there 20 years ago (1988)? Canada, Hawaii, Roth? Not many. Were Switzerland and Lazarotte around by then? I could look it up, but there weren't many IM distance races around then. And if I remember correctly, I only paid about $200 for Roth in the early 90's.
Quote Reply