Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$48 for aquaspheres at Ironman expo?!
Quote | Reply
So during CDA I was dumb and forgot my goggles in my hotel room. Fortunately, the IM merchandise tent opened early. I didn't know my dad had already went there and got me some (the crowd 15 minutes before the start was huge). Well I also went in there with my sisters debit card and, without asking the price, got some weird aquaspheres without a receipt. I find out they were 48.26- is this for real?? I really wish I brought my speed sockets that day! Does this seem like the right price? Did anyone else buy this product (looks like the seal XP) at the expo?

THanks
Quote Reply
Re: $48 for aquaspheres at Ironman expo?! [WyoWill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were they IM branded Aquaspheres? That would explain the markup.

Or just that you were a captive audience.

Getting gouged sucks.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think normal price is 40.00, but 8 dollars for tax is a little crazy. Looks like a 5 dollar markup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I bought my seal xp $25 during clearwater 2008... $48 is.......a bargain!
Quote Reply
Re: $48 for aquaspheres at Ironman expo?! [LuvMyCrappyBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuvMyCrappyBike wrote:
Were they IM branded Aquaspheres? That would explain the markup.

Or just that you were a captive audience.

Getting gouged sucks.

Off the shelf type items generally sell for retail at the IM expos. I bought a pair of Aquaman Mako's last year at the Wisc expo for $16.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Youre really surprised that IM merchandise at an IM branded expo is expensive?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Id say, especially when I buy my vistas on PBK for $20 or under

It was non-IM branded. I expect mdot stuff to be higher.
Quote Reply
Re: $48 for aquaspheres at Ironman expo?! [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ejohns3992 wrote:
i think normal price is 40.00, but 8 dollars for tax is a little crazy. Looks like a 5 dollar markup

Not meaning to ask a dumb quesiton - but what exactly does a $40 (or $48 as it may be) google provide over...well...the sub-$20 Speedo ones I usually buy?

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: $48 for aquaspheres at Ironman expo?! [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
ejohns3992 wrote:

Not meaning to ask a dumb quesiton - but what exactly does a $40 (or $48 as it may be) google provide over...well...the sub-$20 Speedo ones I usually buy?

Absolutely nothing. I've tried many goggles over my swim years and the best two were TYR Tracer and Speedo Vanquisher. Both can be had for under $15 I believe. Plus, the aquasphere goggles are huge and gawdy... maybe good for snorkeling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can assure you that the we do not offer any goggles that cost $48. Even our top of the line Vista swim mask doesn't cost that much. All goggles sold at Ironman CdA were sold through the Ironman Merchandise store, so they would likely be the ones to contact with this issue.

Which goggle did you buy? We have a $24 goggle that is likely the one you purchased and someone rang it up incorrectly.

We don't offer an IM branded goggle at these events, and any product that we do offer is never marked up due to a mdot being on it.

Please accept our apology for the error. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

I have sent you a private message. I'd like to help you get this solved.

Jake

Get outside!
Last edited by: jakers: Aug 24, 11 15:47
Quote Reply
Re: $48 for aquaspheres at Ironman expo?! [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, everybody has different taste in goggles. As I mentioned previously we don't offer a goggle over $35. This may sound high to a lot of people, but to some, the sub $20 hard shell goggles hurt and don't work well. (we also have a sub $20 offering in the Kaiman)

We offer an alternative with a comfortable goggle/ mask that quite a large portion of swimmers enjoy. We offer goggles that provide a comfortable fit and much wider field of view.

For the most part, unless you are swimming in the Olympics, our goggles won't slow you down enough to be an issue.

I highly recommend trying a pair. Of course they aren't for everybody, but I can attest to the great comfort, visibility, and performance of these goggles. Swimming a 26:05 at Vineman 70.3 less than 5 months after breaking my collar bone (and having surgery March 1st to repair it), in the Kayennes (24.95$) wasn't too bad.

So to answer your question, "what exactly does a $40 (or $48 as it may be) google provide over...well...the sub-$20 Speedo ones I usually buy?" , I'd just say to try a pair. Every goggle fits each person slightly different, and the same with performance. After years in a Speedo goggle, this may be a good change.

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply