Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$20 to stream Brownlee tonight!? Are you kidding me FloTrack!?
Quote | Reply
I just checked out FloTrack's streaming packages for The Payton Jordan invitational. The two options presented are either to pay $20 for tonight's stream only or $150 for a season's package.

I love track and field and have been looking forward to this meet for a while, but FloTrack's pricing model is egregious.

I happily shelled out $20 for the ITU stream through triathlonlive.tv and would be more than willing to pay a similar rate for a season package of FloTrack's coverage of big meets. Am I missing something? Who is paying that kind of money to watch track and field from their computer on a Sunday night?

Edit -- $20 is good for a full month and not strictly for the Payton Jordan Invite.

Sponsored by -- Whoever tips at my coffee shop
Last edited by: Muggins: Apr 28, 13 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: $20 to stream Brownlee tonight!? Are you kidding me FloTrack!? [Muggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What might really piss you off is paying 20 and not seeing Brownlee race. Its the B heat they culd just as easily show a recap of the field events.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: $20 to stream Brownlee tonight!? Are you kidding me FloTrack!? [Muggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's only $10 to get in to see it live.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is that it's done to get you to do the season package. I'm guessing the ITU package does the very same thing. It's what $25 dollars for a year or $8 for 1 weekend? 8 weekends would make you paying $40 over the year.

And your not exactly paying for just 1 event, you are getting the opportunity to see 7 hours worth of running events (not even counting field events). Obviously they may jump around to some heats getting missed with probaly an interview here or there but it's not as if you are paying per event (maybe they could start that).

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll tell you what, i will give you a quarter as will 100 other ST'ers. You watch it live and post up an update here every minute of the race, adding some color of course. Then when i get up in the morning i will read the thread and it will be like a live experience to me, and i won't have missed all that sleep. How about it gang, 99 more bottles of beer on the wall!!!

(I'm serious about the thread and updates, no way i will make it up that late tonight.)
Quote Reply
Re: $20 to stream Brownlee tonight!? Are you kidding me FloTrack!? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you, a west coast guy wont make it, no way in hell us east coasters are staying up til 2am to see this race. Some race recap would be fantastic.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: $20 to stream Brownlee tonight!? Are you kidding me FloTrack!? [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figure one of our guys in hawaii will be perfect for this one, Aloha ST'ers.......
Quote Reply
Re: $20 to stream Brownlee tonight!? Are you kidding me FloTrack!? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
It's only $10 to get in to see it live.

Yeah I was considering going to check it out at Standford. Hell trip+ticket is still cheaper
Quote Reply