Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$200 wetsuit for 1:35/100 swimmer?
Quote | Reply
My TYR CAT1 wetsuit isn't going to make it into next season. That being said, Triathlon is lower on the financial priority for the family...so I need to be mindful of cost. Most swims in my area are 64 degrees to 70 degrees.

can anybody point me in the right direction of what I should look at? This is the kind of decision making that I'm not good at.
Quote Reply
Re: $200 wetsuit for 1:35/100 swimmer? [lifejustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When do you need to buy a wetsuit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xterras are in your price range and work fine.

The sleeveless is usually selling for $150, and it's what I use. I swim at 1:40/100ish pace in OWS, faster in the pool so in the range you're at and it works fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big sales of remaining 2017 inventory coming up in the fall.
Quote Reply
Re: $200 wetsuit for 1:35/100 swimmer? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:

The sleeveless is usually selling for $150, and it's what I use. I swim at 1:40/100ish pace in OWS, faster in the pool so in the range you're at and it works fine.

My 70.3 times are around 26 - 28mins and I've been swimming in a sleeveless Xterra Vortex for a while, which has gone well. They're cheap, but go OK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out https://www.swimoutlet.com you'll have more options than you can shake a stick at. A great number of which are below $200 and often by some pretty wide margins. TYR Cat 1 if you're interested in replacing with a newer model of what you're using is $159. There's also Wiggle. The in house DHB brand makes supposedly decent suits full sleeve for $112 and could even make a good training suit if you're open to a long term plan of training/racing gear. Which over the long run is actually cheaper. I'm often in the same boat when it comes to finances and triathlon so I've spent plenty of time with spread sheets and calculators.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can hold out until Black Friday, you can't get a cheaper wetsuit....

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: $200 wetsuit for 1:35/100 swimmer? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:

I'll second the xterra. I've got their base model. 28-30 min 70.3 swimmer. No issues with it. It keeps you warm, it floats, if it fits well what else do you need?

Pretty surprised with it's durability too. ive had it for quite a few years now.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: $200 wetsuit for 1:35/100 swimmer? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I have a full sleeve Xterra as well but I actually prefer the sleeveless. Definitely exceeded my expectations of durability since it was on the cheaper end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lifejustice wrote:
My TYR CAT1 wetsuit isn't going to make it into next season. That being said, Triathlon is lower on the financial priority for the family...so I need to be mindful of cost. Most swims in my area are 64 degrees to 70 degrees.

can anybody point me in the right direction of what I should look at? This is the kind of decision making that I'm not good at.

Always good to try ebay and go for a used wetsuit as you can get some smoking deals. If you happen to go with a new suit like a BlueSeventy Reaction Sleeveless ($225) you can always save 25% with coupon code found here.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: $200 wetsuit for 1:35/100 swimmer? [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at getting the blueseventy Fusion (MSRP $325). I have a race mid September which will cost me ~$60 for a wetsuit rental. Will I save more than $60 if I wait for the Black Friday deals or should I pull the trigger now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lifejustice wrote:

There's a lot of info on this site about wetsuits if you use the search function. If you want to maximize any improvement in your swim times and you can find something in your budget, I'd highly recommend a full sleeve model as opposed to sleeveless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the past 2 years, i use Blueseventy Sprint wetsuit. around 150$ and it sure allow me to keep up with my top age group and professionals. i m surprise how such entry level suit is really close to the top end wetsuit.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply