Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
$1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ?
Quote | Reply
Hello all!

It is time for me to look for a new bike, (New to me). I have a budget of a grand and kind of have my heart set on a Cervelo P2. Is this going to be possible, what is the best way to get a great price like this on one that's in good shape. I am in Texas and would drive to SA or Dallas or here in Houston. I am in a pretty good market. I check on Ebay and Craigslist sometimes but I need a 58 cm for my 6' 3" frame. I know bc I tried one out in the Store.

I have completed the 70.3 - Redman and would like to participate in the Full next spring if just have to commit the money and get a good bike.

Thanks for your advice. God Bless.
Last edited by: IronCzech: May 24, 13 8:31
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [IronCzech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finding a used p2 for 1k isn't unreasonable. Depending on your geometry, Cannondale slice is also worth checking out.

The better news is, from my experience anyway, for whatever reason bigger size frames are easier to find. 56cm+ I suspect most riders fall in the 52-54 range ?

anyway, best of luck, check out the cannondale.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [Noof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will check that out and thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could probably find a B16 for that too if you shop hard enough. I snagged a 2010 B2 for $1800 shipped this winter.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [ejbeaty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a felt correct? The B16 and the P2 are comparable I guess?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronCzech wrote:
That's a felt correct? The B16 and the P2 are comparable I guess?

Yes. It's their entry level Carbon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A felt would be more along cervelo geometry too, where cannondale slice is a little more stack a little less reach. Good suggestion.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [ejbeaty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ejbeaty wrote:
You could probably find a B16 for that too if you shop hard enough. I snagged a 2010 B2 for $1800 shipped this winter.

I think the answer to $1000 is no, though. That is a little low. $1300-1500 if you look hard and are patient.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
ejbeaty wrote:

I think the answer to $1000 is no, though. That is a little low. $1300-1500 if you look hard and are patient.

Certainly this time of year. But, like with my B2, you might get lucky during the winter. You just have to be a frugal SOB and hold out for it. Don't forget to think about costs of fitting, pedals, cage mounts, etc. It adds up pretty damn quick :(
Last edited by: ejbeaty: May 24, 13 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can find a p2 for a grand that's robbery! We have someone in my area who wants 900 for her dual which is somewhat laughable! I have a friend who is selling his 2008 p3 full dura ace. It might be a little more than $1000 if you can swing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you can find a p2c either at or very close to your price range. Just wait for it and be a good negotiator. If you're anxious, find a p2k temporarily, make sure you get a great deal on it, and you shouldn't be out much when (not if) you upgrade. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [ether] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone!

Where are the best place to look? Craigslist, Ebay or is there some other place you can recommend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't be afraid of a P2SL. If you can find one for a screaming deal, you can get a disc cover for the rear and be even faster.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [ether] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ether wrote:
I think you can find a p2c either at or very close to your price range. Just wait for it and be a good negotiator. If you're anxious, find a p2k temporarily, make sure you get a great deal on it, and you shouldn't be out much when (not if) you upgrade. Good luck.

Like this? http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...h_string=P2;#4582083

P2k with wheelcover AND wired powertap. 800.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
damn, instant cheapass-fastasshit upgrade kit

Custom powdercoating too, saves 100g of paint. Might be a touch on the small side is the only problem.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Last edited by: Devlin: May 24, 13 11:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeahm I'd say too small but looks good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 61 P3 frameset available in great condition if you're interested? I was either a 58 P2 or 61 P3 and went with the P3. It's listed in the classifieds...Just thought I'd throw it out there.

http://toddbyers.blogspot.com/ | @ToddByers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly, if OP is in the right area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craigslist and ST are the 2 best places, ebay is fine also. I almost picked up a p2c locally off craigslist a few months ago for 1100. The deals come along, but are sometimes few and far between.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000.00 budget, Cervelo P2 ? [TB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TB wrote:
I have a 61 P3 frameset available in great condition if you're interested? I was either a 58 P2 or 61 P3 and went with the P3. It's listed in the classifieds...Just thought I'd throw it out there.

How does a frame/fork/seatpost for $1100 fit within a total bike budget of $1000?

John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A. I don't believe they ever said "total bike"
B. I can always agree to sell for less to get within his budget
C. Said I was just throwing it out there for a reason...just adding another option.

http://toddbyers.blogspot.com/ | @ToddByers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend selling a 2011 Felt S22 with Dura Ace components for $1,100. The frame is a brand new 58cm warranty replacement with gently used Shimano Dura-Ace shifters/derailleurs, FSA carbon crank, etc. Wheels are Felt TTR-4 and include a Wheelbuilder disc cover. Pedals and cyclocomputer alre also included. PM me if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/bik/3730482623.html

Offer him $700 and see what happens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your best bet is a used P3 aluminum, it's almost as aerodynamic as a P2c. Next would be P2SL,P1 and P2k. A little further down would a Dual and the S1. I've seen these go from $700-$1000. Unfortunately the P2C is such a good bike it holds its value - they start at $1300+SH on eBay. The bike season is in full swing so finding deals will be tough.

I was in your shoes 3 years ago and bought a used Cervelo One for $600. I wish I would've waited and just bought the P2c new. It ended up costing me more slowly upgrading bit by bit instead of biting the bullet once. Your finances are more important than a bike, so if you have to stick to your budget then the choices above will do just fine.

Good Luck.
Quote Reply

Prev Next