Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [gleeclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With an entry fee like that we will truly figure out who is the best lawyer/dentist/doctor/executive

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I'll just stick to the quality and reasonably priced setup events and rev3. This is insane...
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [Kiwifly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Wow. Making a big leap there from my post! I'm not saying entry fees should/can be higher since it is cheaper for locals to race. Entry fees are a function of how much it costs to stage the race, "

Fees have nothing to do with cost. Fees are based on what the customer will pay. The race director can charge whatever he wants, but in this case he totally screwed the volunteers. They are not the people you want to screw.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"American Zofingen 2013 is currently $135. "

And Jorden won that one too

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Post deleted by JPDMD25 [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by variousty [ In reply to ]
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [variousty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I have no idea. I was more concerned with the lack of knowledge prior to this mornings registration. I just thought Id pass on the correspondence to shed some light on the topic.
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [variousty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spoke to someone who signed up for next year. The word going around sign up was that they took a substantial loss this year.
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid wrote:
True, but that only works for people in New York. If you can't fill the race with locals and the entry fee is really high, there isn't much incentive for people to travel to the race. I live in Madison, WI and won't even consider doing that race, partly because of the cost. If I'm going to spend that much on an IM, I'm leaving the country.

If you live in Madison, WI - NYC WILL be like a foreign country to you :)
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
registration is still open...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [amclean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amclean wrote:
I spoke to someone who signed up for next year. The word going around sign up was that they took a substantial loss this year.
Yeah, as someone who raced and knows how expensive things are around NYC, that was my take on things, so I'm not surprised they had no choice but to raise the price a lot. As much as the price jump is, it just doesn't seem like a move they would make just to make a lot more money, but one that had to do if the race is to survive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any news on the number of registrations being taken for 2013?

IM race revenue has been increased more by increasing the number of registrations than the registration fee. Are both being increased for this race in 2013?
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
let's not forget...at american zofingen the bike handlers will also clean your bike...for free!!!

Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [mblot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess my idea of starting an inner city Tri Club for disadvantage youth is out the window. Maybe we will try modern pentathlon for the girls and lacrosse for the boys.
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [camaleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still open @ 9:56 pm EST --- chirp/chirp
Last edited by: Mac: Aug 12, 12 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering how many have registered - and how many chose to pony up an extra $500 for a pair of goggles, Timex and extra banquet ticket. Premium Entry has Ironman Access written all over it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next