Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$$ Delegation
Quote | Reply
Hello everybody,

I would like some advice with how I should spend my money. As I am a student with minimal disposable income I would like my money to go where it will do the most good. I would like to place in the top of my age group so I am willing to spend the extra dollar if it will make a large difference.

My schedule includes 1 or 2 sprint triathlons over the next few months then 3 olympic distance july-august. I am more concerned with my placing in the olympic distance tri's as they are larger events.

My plan is.... for the sprint triathlons get a $80 wheel cover for my rear wheel, and possibly a used HED3 front on ebay for 3-400.

For the Olympic distance...

Aero helmet, speedplay pedals (nano worth the extra 300?), rear HED3.

I have a specialized transition comp. (105 crank, ultegra pedals, ultegra rear derailleur, mavic aksium wheels) I am planning on stepping into the HIM ring next year and was thinking maybe I could buy individual components as upgrades (crank, aero bar, deraileurs, etc) for this bike then next year go with a carbon frame and just put the new components on the frameset, put the old components back on this and sell it to cover the cost.

I am also open to other wheel brands or anything else for that matter. I guess I am just wondering if you think these are good choices and if I should concentrate on other things also.

Thanks!

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: $$ Delegation [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't the pedals you have now work well enough? Those Speedplays aren't going to save you any time unless the ones you have now won't allow you to clip in or something.

Aero helmet is a good idea. how do your clothes fit? If they even have wrinkles in them, get a good tri suit instead of the pedals.

How about a good FIST fit? That'd be money well spent.

So if you get the rear disc, front HED3, aero helmet, and a FIST you're bike will be plenty fast.

You can send me a check for 1/2 the money I just saved you. Use the rest to send me out to dinner with my fiance.

money well spent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply