Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"tugging" at back of heel
Quote | Reply
I had a chronic case of PF that eventually resolved through all the usual methods which i won't re-hash. I am now have no pain in my feet but consistently feel a tugging sensation at the back of my heel when starting a run. There is also tenderness when pressure is applied to a point on my heel just below level with my ankle bone.

Am i dealing with a leftover of PF or is this achilles related? or both?

Any helpful info would be great, as i've taken November off from running to concentrate more on swimming, and plan to do the same in December - it would be great to be able to get back into running a bit in the new year (as I've got the Columbia oly in May and Eagleman in June), but I am desperate to avoid any more PF setbacks!
Quote Reply
Re: "tugging" at back of heel [TomAnnapolis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
insertional achilles tendon pain is common and 'sorta goes along with PF since one of the more common causes (excessively tight gastroc/soleus) does both. Just keep up with your posterior stretches that you were likely doing - but don't be over aggressive in doing them (as that can actually cause the insertional achilles issue). Lastly, make sure you don't have a new shoe with a firm heel counter rubbing the area as this is also a common cause.