Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: "the distance" ironman movie [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'll skip that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought it and watched it. Pretty good movie, I felt bad for the girl with the bad bike fit.
Quote Reply
Re: "the distance" ironman movie [Raul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pace of Chicago posted this review:

http://www.chicagonow.com/...e--movie-review.html
Quote Reply
Re: "the distance" ironman movie [Razorfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty spot-on. I took about two days to watch it myself. At some points in the movie I caught myself thinking that I really don't give a shit about your life, but hey, it still kept me watching it.
Quote Reply
Re: "the distance" ironman movie [NOYFB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read thr synopsis on the films website, and thought i was interested in seeing someone train for an IM while trying to finish college, i could hace paid more attention to myself last year when I was doing the same thing. No one made a movie about that. Where's my royalties???

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy those movies for motovation when I hit lows in my training. I have this movie and was surprised to see that one of the people in it was someone I raced with for most of that year and never knew he was a part of the documentary??? Funnier yet, I saw myself in the video when they were interviewing the girl at the Paper Discovery Duathlon. I'm in the background wearing a Hammer Nutrition outfit and started dancing to the music right before it cut out...lol...

Not a bad movie, but I still like "What It Takes" better. It's the movie where they follow Peter Reid, Laurie Bowden, Luke Bell, and Heather Furr (I'm not responsible for spelling their names correctly), while they train for Kona 2005.

Quote | Reply
Disclaimer: I am friends with the guy that made the film and am in it for about 30 seconds so I am a little biased, BUT:

The reason I like the overall movie better that "Whatever it Takes" is that it is about everyday people, not pros. As this year is going to be my first IM at WI, it was nice to see the affect on the family and such.
Quote Reply
Re: "the distance" ironman movie [sgoehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with that. But the sound track was pretty weak ;-) I like the blaring music on "What It Takes" when it says "...can't break whats broken..." Makes me want to go for a run! The Distance just makes me think about Dave getting fired... :-(, and when I passed him on the marathon at IMMOO :-)(Yes, that was a cheap way to pat myself on the back!)

Quote | Reply
LOL, nice back patting;) That was the first score that Rich had ever done and I give him credit for doing it on his own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the trailer and the impression I got from this is that it's more "real" than what we see on the network coverage. This isn't a criticism of the network coverage at all- it is so inspiring nd motivating. It makes you want to do Ironman.

The little blurb in the trailer just seemed so much more ground-level and realistic for the rank-n-file Ironman. I wonder if such a perspective pulls a little allure off the event?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: "the distance" ironman movie [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was better than What it takes, watching peter reid cry for half that movie really made me lose respect for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O-K, I admit that Peter should have his man card revolked, but "What It Takes" had it all...sex(Lori was pregnant), death illness (Peter got a virus), soul searching (Peter got dumped, by Lori and by Tim at "Mano-a-Mano"), love (Luke Bell had his fiance'), struggles (Heather fell apart at Kona)...and a better sound track ;-)

Quote | Reply
agreed, you are 100% right, it was a good movie, but yes, the man card needs to be pulled

my name is peter reid, wah wah wah, I can only go 8:15, waah wah wah, I get paid to train all day, wah wah wah im going to be a pussy and dnf races because im not winning.
Last edited by: IRONwolf: Jul 21, 09 17:25
Quote Reply