Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"slowtwitched" TT position
Quote | Reply
Here is my "slowtwitched" position! I think this is as low as I can get, I have a low back injury, which would probably limit me fron getting any lower.

I have my disc and a borrowed deep front on the bike as I will trying it out in a local 10 mile TT tomorrow. I am waiting for my Spinergy Tilium SS to arrive. I would love a HED 3 or Zipp 404 front, but I can get the Spinergy for less than a 1/3 of the retail of one of those wheels

Changes 9cm -25 degree Profile stem $20, no layback Syncos seatpost (used) $10, the chance to have your position reviewed and abused on slowtwich.com.........priceless!

KR

Compare with previous, I feel faster already!

Last edited by: mad aussie: Apr 9, 04 8:54
Quote Reply
Re: "slowtwitched" TT position [mad aussie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks really good to me. Where is protractor man?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that my friends is textbook.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good changes. You are plenty low. Your ear is below the tallest part of your back. Your leg extension is improved. I think you could flatten your back out some more by rotating yours hips more forward.
Quote Reply
Re: "slowtwitched" TT position [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Where is protractor man?"

Much better. Picture perfect according to my protractor. Knee at 150 degree angle. Hip/torso and torso/shoulder/elbow angles both at 90 degrees. Ear plumblined just in front elbow. You're dialed in. Now ride like hell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing I noticed was that your positioning seems a tad long. Your posture looks good and overall your setup looks 200% better than your previous one, but I am tempted to see if you wouldn't be more comfortable with your aerobars back a cm or two (at the absolute most). Personally I tend to get more power from my pedal stroke the more compact I can get, but back fatigue may become an issue here. Overall a very efficient position though.
Last edited by: vicmitkal: Apr 9, 04 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much, MUCH better :-)))

To get it perfect, I would play a bit with the extensions in order to have the forearms horizontal and the elbows a bit closer to the knees. But what I'm talking here is a matter of 1-2cm.

Also check how do you position your hands while actually racing, you might end up choking the bars a bit and that should teach you a lesson about your perfect position.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since everyone else has commented on the position changes, I'll refrain since they've covered the subject well. Good work.

What I WILL say is that both photos are the best examples thus far of "how to take a photo from which meaningful conclusions may be drawn." Others should take note here. Moderate "normal" focal length. Subject centered. Camera not looking "down" on the subject (this means either a short photographer or one who squats or taken from a tripod). In short, the optical distortions are controlled enough to allow meaningful comment. Too many of the photos of folks asking for comments on position are taken in such a way to prevent even a modicum of accuracy in making suggestions. Well done.
Quote Reply
Re: "slowtwitched" TT position [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I think I would probably tend to choke the bars slightly., so my hands would be down and back a little. It was hard when taking the pictures, as I had to set the camera timer, run over to the bike, jump on the bike and get in position.

KR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So that means you really need get back 1-2cm and the forearms horizontal. But this is really fine tuning.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good, bro.

Since you're wearing a Honeywell jersey...you're talking about the Bicycle Ranch 10mi TT, right? I was going to do that, but I have a clinic scheduled for this weekend. Small world...have fun, good luck.

Where did you get the -25 Profile stem...I may be needing one myself, and I'd like to get it locally if I can.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: "slowtwitched" TT position [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct, I will be using the BR TT for practice for Vuelta De Bisbee. Last year I took fourth in the uphill prologue in the Masters, then got absolutely hammered in the TT, dropping back to 25th place. My goal is to try to lose as little time in the TT as possible, so I can make some time back on the last climbing stage.

I got the Profile stem from Bike Chalet in Mesa, they have a few in different lengths and rises.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i plan on doing that race tomorrow as well. never done a pure tt(or any type of bike only race) so i am a bit nervous and fully expecting to be embarassed by most of the people out there.

any idea how much a single day uscf license costs?

any tips of warm up for something like this? planning on taking my fluid trainer with me...

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: "slowtwitched" TT position [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i plan on doing that race tomorrow as well. never done a pure tt(or any type of bike only race) so i am a bit nervous and fully expecting to be embarassed by most of the people out there.

any tips of warm up for something like this? planning on taking my fluid trainer with me...

I wrote a reply...and it didn't post. And I don't remember what I wrote...

So...good luck tomorrow. Warm-up well (at least 25-30min), and enjoy the pain.

Dave
Last edited by: Cafe Lactate: Apr 9, 04 14:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$5

Ride the course if you can. If not, use your trainer. Try to get in a good 20 minutes or more and get your heart rate pretty close to race pace by the end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

5 bucks for a license, you wont be able to ride the course as everyone else will be racing on it, I would suggest about 20-30 minutes warm up, I usually prefer at least 30 minutes, but it takes me longer to warm up than it used to! Do about 4 or 5 30 second intervals at your anticipated effort level with at least a minute in between. Make sure you get to the start/finish before you begin warming up and coordinate your watch with the race clock. I have one team mate who has missed two TT starts this year. If you see me around come up and say hello, look for the blue Honda Element and white Giant TT bike.

KR
Quote Reply