http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...i?post=606967#606967

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Then your an easy going kinda guy but Tom's job is to know his cutomers and keep their trust. Like I said most people woudn't care but it matters to those who felt like their trust was broken."

What the hell is this world coming to when Tibbs (A) Makes sense and (B) Has not a single typo in his post."

You wrote too soon. He has a typo -"your".

You only found one typo? You need to read more carefully.

HH

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Last edited by: HH: Nov 9, 05 12:11
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What don't you get? The guy is pissed because Tom broke his "trust" (whatever that is at a bike shop) and outed him and his Felt so his solution is to come her and post another post to draw attention to the already forgotten first post and disparages Tom while he is at it. This would be so not an issue if he had just talked to Tom directly or, even better, just let it go. This post has almost 10,000 views.

Quote from original post "If Mr. Demerly wanted to relay information to me he should have called me. " Well would have been good advice for victor.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Kinda" is not a word.

Do I win a prize?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You only found one typo. You need to read more carefully"

Fair enough, I didn't anticipate being graded but since I opened the can of worms I should have been more careful. I found this one:

Then again Tom is making a killing so what I do I know?

I assume we are giving Tibbs a pass on grammar??
Last edited by: tootall: Nov 9, 05 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll let Tibbs get away with "kinda" and the lack of commas in the second sentence. There are two additional misspelled words.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is nothing I don't get. I was commenting on what someone else posted as well, you criticize this guy for taking this to the forum. He wasn't the one that took it to the forum in the first place. Honestly, I think he had a right to make his post, moreso than Tom.

He was ridiculed on this forum, if he felt the need to defend himself he has every right. This isn't two wrong making a right. Tom brought it to the forum, this guy came back to stick up for himself, that is perfectly reasonable. You may say he has a fragile ego or something like that, but that's childish. Pictures of his bike were posted here without his permission and he was ridiculed by someone whom he paid to do him a service, that is, ship his bike. He has every right to defend himself on the same forum Tom criticized him on.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cutomers, woudn't

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really starting to think 5280 is arguing just to argue. He even argued about something we argreed on.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
He was ridiculed on this forum
Who was? Some random guy who was one of 2,000 people doing IMFL? I still don't know who he is nor do I care. I get why you don't like Tom's post, but settling it here was every bit as poor a choice as Tom's may have been.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'll let Tibbs get away with "kinda" and the lack of commas in the second sentence. There are two additional misspelled words."

Good eye. "cutomers" and "woudn't". I need to read more carefully.
Last edited by: tootall: Nov 9, 05 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Waterski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get over it. Photos are posted of things all the time without the persons permission.

If you need to give permission to post pictures of someones bike on this forum or anywhere else, I shouldn't see any more pictures of the bike transition on this forum or anywhere else because I am stating for everyone I don't give permission to use a picture of my bike anywhere online.

Your acting like Tom posted the guys medical history on the internet.

Plus like I care what you or anyone else here thinks of me. So go ahead rip me if you want, I don't really give a shit.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Waterski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Where this can stop is where Tom comes back into the forum, apologizes to Victor for not asking permission for posting the pictures, and it is done.
Trust me, there are more people on Victor's side than you think.[/reply]

Very well said. You know Tom's watching......the door's open for him.....

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is irrelevant who this guy was or whether you or I may or may not know who he is. When he is brought into a discussion on this forum (to be ridiculed) he has every right to come back and defend himself. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

That would be like after my first reply to you, me then telling you that you were no longer allowed to reply, sorry man, I get the last word, even if I said you were a thief and you like to cut people's brake cables, too bad, you can't defend yourself. Is that fair? I don't know you any more than I know the guy whose bike it was, so does the "random guy" defense still hold up?

Portside Athletics Blog
Last edited by: SwBkRn44: Nov 9, 05 12:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"If Mr. Demerly wanted to relay information to me he should have called me. "

I really cannot believe the controversy. It seems clear that Tom's goal in posting pics wasn't to relay information to the owner- he'd already solved the owner's problem- but to exhort the rest of us to maintain our bikes. I really don't see what the original poster is all up in arms about. His bike was previously anonymous?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<Plus like I care what you or anyone else here thinks of me. So go ahead rip me if you want, I don't really give a shit. >>

Very fitting with your choice of handle! :-)

"But Homer, if we remove the crayon, it could increase your brainpower, or it could kill you"

"Increase my killing power ehhh"
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And if one of those so-called "repairs" failed?????? Sorry, can't touch anyone's bike without permission.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OOOHHHH OOOHHHH I found Spelling errors! Should have been Cuztoomers Whoodunt.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I really don't see what the original poster is all up in arms about. His bike was previously anonymous?
Yes, just anonymous pictures of certain portions of his bike.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [tri-3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, can't touch anyone's bike without permission.

I'm admittedly confused. I thought the original poster took exception to having the pictures posted.

As for what would happen if one of the repairs failed, and not fixing a bike without permission: If I'm going to get charged for a repair, I want the shop to call me and let me know. If the shop is going to fix it gratis, go ahead and fix it.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You trying to start something with me? This thread could use another subplot.

HH

________
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally have nothing to gain or lose from this deal. I know neither Tom nor Victorbike, even to the level where I don't really know if Victorbike has a name.

I only know a few of things of fact:

1) Tom owns a bike store and is dependent on customers.

2) Future customers may or may not make a decision to visit Tom's store because of this forum.

3) All people are fallible and are not perfect.

4) Bashing someone because they are fallible is, how to put it lightly, "immature".

Both sides could have done things better. I more or less take offense, not at the pictures being posted, or what Victor posted, but on how everyone is treating the situation by bashing someone they don't know. On any given day, any of us are going to hit a point where we will be in a situation where we will be at our weakest and cause an error. Do you really want anything like that was negatively posted here said to you? If you do, then you should visit a S&M salon more often.

It might differ from person to person, but we all have a breaking point, and it's only a matter of time before it's everyone's turn.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Race4LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You have obviously never owned a customer oriented business for yourself, those are the types that generally only come in to test drive and buy elsewhere, or will work you over to the bare bottom price, neither one of which are worth the effort. "

Not sure what your experience is, but I'm directly responsible for roughly 1.2 million customers per week, and I love every one of them. - If their buying elsewhere, that should tell YOU something ;-)

You have an interesting take on customer service - used cars perhaps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply][b]"If Mr. Demerly wanted to relay information to me he should have called me. "[/b]

I really cannot believe the controversy. It seems clear that Tom's goal in posting pics wasn't to relay information to the owner- he'd already solved the owner's problem- but to exhort the rest of us to maintain our bikes. I really don't see what the original poster is all up in arms about. His bike was previously anonymous?[/reply]

So if you go to Walgreens and buy extra small condoms and the Walgreens people post a pic on a forum it would be ok because they are exhorting everyone to buy properly sized condoms?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply

Prev Next