Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Linebacker [ In reply to ]
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if you go to Walgreens and buy extra small condoms and the Walgreens people post a pic on a forum it would be ok because they are exhorting everyone to buy properly sized condoms?

??? If they posted a pic of my super small condom lying on the counter next to the register, I really do not see that I'd have any grounds to complain.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Linebacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So now we are going to personally attack someone who came on the forum to defend himself?

This place seems pretty elitist, he would have missed the cutoff in a race that 99.9% of the population thinks is impossible? You are right, he doesn't deserve to stick up for himself until he has a faster bike split.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [tri-3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And if one of those so-called "repairs" failed?????? Sorry, can't touch anyone's bike without permission."

That is an extremely important point... I wouldn't want anyone to "work on my bike" without permission, no matter what they do. Imagine sending your luggage on an airplane, and when you arrive and get your luggage back you find that someone had opened your luggage, sorted and folded your clothes in a very neat manner. Would you be happy? I wouldn't. He didn't recieve permission from the customer to work on the bike. If I remember right, he said he called them and they told him not to work on the bikes and to leave them as is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"So if you go to Walgreens and buy extra small condoms and the Walgreens people post a pic on a forum it would be ok because they are exhorting everyone to buy properly sized condoms?"

They post a picture of the condom and say this doesn't fit most people, buy the right size? Not sure I see the harm to me. I'm not linked to the product.

I liked the dry cleaner analogy someone made earlier. A dry cleaner posts a picture of your pants with an old stain that was never removed. Points out how you need to clean stains better, look at this bad hem job, etc. Wouldn't be happy they posted my stuff, but the only way I am linked to it is if the product is unique and people can figure it out (could happen with a bike) or I "out" myself as the customer.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [itsme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Victorbike said: "I left my bike at Bikesport to be picked up and shipped by Tri-Bike transport for the Ironman Florida." I could be wrong but I interprete this as VB did not pay anything to Bikesport but rather paid Tri-Bike? Tri-Bike transport must have worked out an arrangement with Bikesport to use their shop as a drop off spot. How does that play into this?!
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][b]So if you go to Walgreens and buy extra small condoms and the Walgreens people post a pic on a forum it would be ok because they are exhorting everyone to buy properly sized condoms?[/b]

??? If they posted a pic of my super small condom lying on the counter next to the register, I really do not see that I'd have any grounds to complain.[/reply]

and that pic has things in it that some people could say "hey that's yours"?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You hardly seemed sincere. Do you "merely point out" to all of your friends before a race, "Boy I hope you don't crash and have to go to the hospital, you would probably miss the bike cutoff"

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and that pic has things in it that some people could say "hey that's yours"?

Well, that's why I always buy the extra large super duper condoms. Just in case.

OK, I get your point. I still do not see that the honor of the original poster has been besmirched all that much.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Last edited by: Linebacker: Nov 9, 05 13:13
Quote | Reply
I just don't see how your original comment added anything, plus the guy said he wasn't going to come back to the forum, just wanted to post that and was gone. What you said seemed more like a slam to me, don't know why you would have said that, especially since you clearly think Tom did nothing wrong.

And by the way, it's a good thing for all of us that we don't have mechanical problems, not just this guy. So if you were just generally being a nice guy, make sure you do the same for everyone else, tell everyone after every race report, "Great race, good thing you didn't have any mechanical problems." Because you weren't just singling this guy out and trying to insult him right?

Portside Athletics Blog
Last edited by: SwBkRn44: Nov 9, 05 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I don't want to come off as uppety or snobish or a know-it-all, but these people trained hard and long and paid big money for these bikes and to be in the race. They are paying good money to get their bikes to the race- but they are not performing even the most basic PMCS (Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services) on them.

I didn't know there was an acronym for this! This world is going over the top with acronyms. Amazing.

TFLMK (Thanks for letting me know). ISGOSTNADSW (I should get off slowtwitch now and do some work).
ACRONYM: A Coded Rendition Of Name Yielding Meaning. The ultimate meta-acronym

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACRONYM: A Coded Rendition Of Name Yielding Meaning. The ultimate meta-acronym.

Damn, I never knew that acronym was an acronym. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][b]and that pic has things in it that some people could say "hey that's yours"?[/b]

Well, that's why I always buy the extra large super duper condoms. Just in case.

OK, I get your point. I still do not see that the honor of the original poster has been besmirched all that much.[/reply]

I don't think it's honor as much as trust. If he's willing to post pics of your bike on a forum and then rip you that leads most people to wonder what else they might do. The same as going to a bike shop and hearing the guys in the back talking about what a POS your bike is. It may not hurt your honor but I would have trust issues with that place.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [victorbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the guy has a right to be pissed. What I dont understand is why Tom is complaining about the conditions of peoples bikes, isnt that his job to find problems and fix them, if everyone took immaculate care of their bikes he would have no work, sheeeeeeeesh

I personally clean and service my own bike, I learned how to do it and I have the time so why not. Plus ive seen a lot of bike shops that charge you for services that were not needed, they make money by telling you that such and such component was broken or something was worn and needs replacing, who are you to argue with them.

It happens everywhere, I remember taking my boat in for servicing and getting slapped with a 2000 dollar maintennance bill just because they said so, well after a couple of those I bought a Chilton manual and worked on the engines myself.

Not everyone has the time to clean their bikes or take it in, they can barely fit in training much less the time to clean a bike, you should have seen Miami79's bike before I cleaned it last week, sheeeeeeesh.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he's willing to post pics of your bike on a forum and then rip you that leads most people to wonder what else they might do.

I think he's just oversensitive, really. "Waa! He said my bike was dirty!" I don't think it's at all a matter of wondering what other devious, underhanded behavior that rat Demerly might try to pull. Who knows, though- the bastard might actually clean the bike.

I'm out. Peace.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't mean to attack you, I just hate when people look down on others because of something like a slow IM bike split, they still completed a f*in Ironman, the whole "you have to be fast to have an opinion" thing is my least favorite part about this sport, sorry if it came out on you.

And maybe you are right, maybe that guy does post here on another name, or maybe he is lurking and tracking who is on his side and who is on Tom D's side and once this thread is done he is going to go take pictures of the bikes of those who sided with Tom D. and post them with red circles around all of their problem areas....

...or maybe Victor??? is Tom D. and he started this whole thing for publicity...conspiracy theories...

Portside Athletics Blog
Last edited by: SwBkRn44: Nov 9, 05 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So wait, let me get this straight...you cleaned someone's else bike without posting pic's on the website?

That's a pretty novel and interesting way to look at the situation.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [victorbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Victor. You're right. What an ass Tom is for cleaning your bike for you, fixing your bar tape and doing all this and other things for free. What an ass indeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"My point is, Victorbike is acting lame. My opinion of course. Furthermore, is an insult still an insult if the person to whom it is directed does not receive it? Finally, who is to say he doesn't post here under another name."

Like "Tom Demerly"? :)
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Waterski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He didn't post pictures but he did tell all of slowtwitch that Miami79 has a dirty bike and doesn't clean it. She better get over here and defend her honor :) Just playing with you
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There you go getting me in trouble:))))))

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply

Prev Next