Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"putting him past two-time men's winners Tinley, Van Lierde, DeBoom and Stadler." (Macca?)
Quote | Reply
From ST's main page story of Craig Alexander's win: "putting him past two-time men's winners Scott Tinley, Luc Van Lierde, Tim DeBoom and Normann Stadler..."

Omitted last year's and two-time winner Macca? Someone playing mind games with the 2012 Olympic hopeful?
Quote Reply
Re: "putting him past two-time men's winners Tinley, Van Lierde, DeBoom and Stadler." (Macca?) [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markvoss wrote:
From ST's main page story of Craig Alexander's win: "putting him past two-time men's winners Scott Tinley, Luc Van Lierde, Tim DeBoom and Normann Stadler..."

Omitted last year's and two-time winner Macca? Someone playing mind games with the 2012 Olympic hopeful?

What would be the point of it?

"A wise man once told me......God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called."
Quote Reply
Re: "putting him past two-time men's winners Tinley, Van Lierde, DeBoom and Stadler." (Macca?) [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markvoss wrote:
Omitted last year's and two-time winner Macca?

Well, Macca has won every race since 2000... in his mind.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Last edited by: Paulo Sousa: Oct 9, 11 21:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the same but the writing is subpar at best.
Quote Reply
Re: "putting him past two-time men's winners Tinley, Van Lierde, DeBoom and Stadler." (Macca?) [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're confusing Macca with Greg LeMond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim Carlson always takes shots at Macca every chance he can. It's rather childish and come off in the interview(s) he has done with Macca. In this story he wrote "To those who dissed Alexander's bike prowess had to eat their words as Alexander's 4:24:05 bike split was second only to Chris Lieto's race-lading blitzkrieg." That was obviously directed at Macca, but what does it mean? Macca was right. Last year Crowie showed weakness on the bike. This year Macca did not say Crowie would be weak. Being strong this year does not say he also was last year. He also said incorrect things, like "That swift bike reversed Crowie's old strategy of coming off the bike 8 minutes down and relying on his low-2:40 runs." That is not rue, Crowie in Kona has ran 2:45:13, 2:45:00, 2:48:05, 2:41:59 and outside Kona 2:54:55, 2:46:54. Therefore his 2:44:02 this year was his 2nd fastest ever and only his second sub 2:45. Technically only one low 2:40's... If I was going to write an article, I would know or check facts first. Also was Alexander's win at Vegas really a surprise..."The win follows Alexander's surprise victory at the Ironman 70.3 World Championship last month in Las Vegas, Nevada."
Quote Reply