Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"oh..to be a pro"
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...3/stage4/AFPvirenque

This dude is riding on $10k worth of wheels alone!!!!

And that pinarello montello (http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ce03/stage4/AFPfrigo) is almost enough to give someone a wet dream!!!

it would be pretty sweet to be a pro and have everything paid for!!!

just my useless thought for the day.

-kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: "oh..to be a pro" [Kevin_Queens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And that pinarello "

There was one of these at the Toronto International Bike Show a few weeks back. It had a $23,000. (CDN) price tag.(approx. $15,500. US)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Irony is that a P3, some Vision Techs, an old specialized tri-spoke and a disc will set you back 3 grand if you buy used... and it's probably a superior combination.

But yes, I lust after the CSC team bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: "oh..to be a pro" [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I lust after the CSC team bikes. "

Hard to beat Cervelo for bang for the buck IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"it would be pretty sweet to be a pro and have everything paid for!!!"

being a pro does not equate to having everything paid for. Those guys on the bling-bling time trial bikes are very fortunate to be in such a supportive team/organization...
Quote Reply
Re: "oh..to be a pro" [allezjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, many euro teams (from the old cat 1 now called elite to pros) get the bikes but these bikes are only loans to the riders. at the end of the year they give them back (and the team sells them quite cheap to get some extra cash). in any case, it very very uncommon (at least in europe that from elite to pro anyone keeps his/her bike).

Does anyone remember the story with Miguel Indurain retiring and not allowed to keep his pinarello by Banesto (gee, after all, outside of spain, who would know that Banesto is a bank if that wasn't for Big Mig!)...he was told he could buy it but decided to buy a Cannondale (and thought bikes were very expensive..)
Quote Reply