Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"midnight snack" vs breakfast
Quote | Reply
hi folks,

like many of y'all i often workout first thing in the am before work. however, that often means roolling outta bed and being on the bike within 30 mins - not a lot oof time to fully digest a meal before cranking out 1500 kj. sometimes i find that even eating say a bowl of oats or a few bananas before my workout i still feel empty during - as if it isnt absorbed. something ive switched to doing is having my normal dinner around say 630pm and then right as im going to bed around 930, have a big "breakfast" except at night. i figure i'm not using glycogen as i sleep and it will have all the time it needs to make its way through my system and actually into my legs for tomoorrow's workout. interestingly, i seem to feel much better for the next morning when i doo this vs eat right befoorehand. does anyone else doo this?
Quote Reply
Re: "midnight snack" vs breakfast [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol yes, my wife calls it my second dinner

I also feel I sleep a hundred times better when eating before sleeping versus waking In the middle of the night with a growling stomach
Quote Reply
Re: "midnight snack" vs breakfast [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^This for sure - I call it my fourth meal of the day immediately before bed (it typically resembles a breakfast, usually yogurt and granola). Otherwise I wake up in the middle of the night and have to eat in order to get back to sleep (because my stomach is growling).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. I do the same. Usually Greek yogurt and granola as it can be a bit sweet and sort of doubles as a dessert.
Works really well and then I eat my breakfast after my morning workout.
Quote Reply
Re: "midnight snack" vs breakfast [vijeet88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now I feel much better about my after dinner sweet tooth. Now can you find a way for me to rationalize beer as carboloading ???

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to play hockey at 5:30am two days a week and would play much better when I ate before I went to bed.

That's about all my experience with eating late before bed but I was also ~50lbs heavier than I am now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep a bowl of oatmeal with some fruit and nuts by the bed and if I wake up in middle the night I eat it real quick, as long as my dog has not gotten it first.
Very hard to eat and then hop on the trainer for a quality wko.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't ever eat before my morning run.
For years I always have had some sort of desert close to bed time to kind of "tank up" for my morning workout.
Its always worked for me.
Quote Reply