Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "long slow rides are a waste of time" [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
BTW...that P2K is a pretty sweet lookin' crit bike. How's that working out so far?

its great. I've now done 2 crits, a circuit race, and a road race. Had a fun bridge-attempt on a steeeeep downhill with dangerous curves at the bottom and lived in the road race =)

handles great!

Its got about 2.6cm of spacers, and having only 1 water bottle attachment is a downside for sure.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: "long slow rides are a waste of time" [Marcus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marcus, is your middle name Intensity?

Re: "long slow rides are a waste of time" [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Tom A. wrote:

BTW...that P2K is a pretty sweet lookin' crit bike. How's that working out so far?

its great. I've now done 2 crits, a circuit race, and a road race. Had a fun bridge-attempt on a steeeeep downhill with dangerous curves at the bottom and lived in the road race =)

handles great!

Its got about 2.6cm of spacers, and having only 1 water bottle attachment is a downside for sure.

One word: Racebak

Plus, you can fill it with ice (or freeze the bladder) for those REALLY hot days. Take out the back pad and help keep your core cool ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: "long slow rides are a waste of time" [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Marcus, is your middle name Intensity?

yup.thanks for asking.
Quote Reply
Re: "long slow rides are a waste of time" [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel sorry for anyone who gets bored and can't occupy their own mind on a long ride.
Quote Reply
Re: "long slow rides are a waste of time" [sandtiger steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all I can't believe were talking about this again. What's it been like 3 or 4 months since the last time? Secondly, why would anyone want to ride slower than triathlon race pace? Isn't that slow enough? How can anyone expect to ride fast in a race if you never ride fast in training? I'm not saying ITT everytime your on a bike but I think triathlon (any distance or at least the one your training for) race pace should really be the slowest and you should do some hard efforts to increase your threshold. Do work people come on!
Quote Reply
Re: "long slow rides are a waste of time" [Doitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fastinnerhtml!
I don't know what you mean. I never get bored riding long rides,because cycling is the best thing I know.that said,I do get bored riding slowly,because in my opinion,that is not cycling at all.that's just spending time.working on a sun tan.socializing.occupy my mind..I'm just not the daydreaming type.I do 90% of my typical 3-5h rides alone,and when I do ride with friends we rarely talk at all during the ride,because we are focused on the training at hand.
Quote Reply

Prev Next