Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"epicRIDES" videos for trainer and TR
Quote | Reply
I rode "Epic Blue Ridge" on TrainerRoad, not realizing its supplemented by a video, like Sufferfest rides. Does anybody have any experience or review of the epicRIDES videos? I liked the profile of the Blue Ridge ride on TR. I've done NineHammers with the video and TR, which was great (and I barely survived), but it looks like some of the epic videos may be longer and a little less high interval oriented than SF, which may be nice for triathlon training or variety.
Quote Reply
Re: "epicRIDES" videos for trainer and TR [cwhyte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a few epicRides videos that I added to my library. The videos themselves are more like ErgVideos/Real Course Videos in that they present a single ride from start to finish rather than the edited together race footage that you get from Sufferfest. From a production values standpoint, I think the Sufferfest videos are better; I find the onscreen graphics of the epicRides to seem a little too "1980's Tron" era for my tastes.

I don't use TrainerRoad but I do use the videos with the matching .erg files in PerfPro. When I want an intense workout, I go with Sufferfest. But for some longer, base building stuff, epicRides are great, too. I mainly started buying the epicRides as a replacement for ErgVideos (since I'd rather pay US$20 than US$60 and I can use the videos in PerfPro).

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply