Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "bike bait" prank to catch bike thieves GOLD [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shivermetimbers wrote:
That would be entrapment, and it's against the law.

It's not entrapment in any jurisdiction in North America. Can't speak for anywhere else though.

It has been done, but it takes a LOT of bike thefts to get Police to do it. I know of 2 cases in Toronto where it was employed and....both projects were unsuccessful. The bikes didn't get stolen, for whatever reason.

There used to be "bait car" programs that did the same thing but in the end you're capturing people for low end petty theft usually to support a drug habit. Occasionally a crime committed in the heat of a moment for some of the bike thefts.

Resources are better spent elsewhere, IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: "bike bait" prank to catch bike thieves GOLD [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
H- wrote:
I'm waiting for Duffy and JSA [edit meant vitus] to score the MMA at the end of the video, please. Why do dudes take off their shirts before going at it? Because shirt could be used to choke or pulled over head? So I suppose if someone is pulling off their shirt, I should run up and kick them in the balls?

Looks like the guy with the red shoes (baiter) has some training. The way he put on that guillotine choke (throwing his leg over the back and hipping out to his right is something that is learned, not instinct.

The thief appeared totally untrained.

Unless I'm walking into one of your traps, you don't think that's staged? I mean two strong dudes that start a fight with open slaps? Doesn't look like anyone was every going to get hurt in that 'fight'. Plus the 'thief' that rides off at 10 kph on a decline, waiting for the rope to catch.
Quote Reply
Re: "bike bait" prank to catch bike thieves GOLD [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The victim was lucky he was in such a busy place..... otherwise he may have been seriously hurt or even killed.

Bike thieves nowadays even use power tools in bright daylight to take bikes.

I once had to cut my own cable lock in front of a busy grocery store (key broke off in lock). I did actually take my sweet time with a massive bolt cutter to see if somebody would react.... NOBODY even blinked an eye.

Not-my-problem Suxiety it is.

kppolich wrote:
Watching this bike thief video will make you mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJLDjSMqXLg
Last edited by: windschatten: Nov 27, 15 20:40
Quote Reply
Re: "bike bait" prank to catch bike thieves GOLD [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
H- wrote:
I'm waiting for Duffy and JSA [edit meant vitus] to score the MMA at the end of the video, please. Why do dudes take off their shirts before going at it? Because shirt could be used to choke or pulled over head? So I suppose if someone is pulling off their shirt, I should run up and kick them in the balls?

Looks like the guy with the red shoes (baiter) has some training. The way he put on that guillotine choke (throwing his leg over the back and hipping out to his right is something that is learned, not instinct.

The thief appeared totally untrained.

Unless I'm walking into one of your traps, you don't think that's staged? I mean two strong dudes that start a fight with open slaps? Doesn't look like anyone was every going to get hurt in that 'fight'. Plus the 'thief' that rides off at 10 kph on a decline, waiting for the rope to catch.

I have effectively used the open hand bitch slap on a couple occasions as initial contact. Nothing is more humiliating than starting and ending an altercation with a single slap across the face.

But, upon further review this video does appear to be staged.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: "bike bait" prank to catch bike thieves GOLD [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://baitcar.com/video

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply

Prev Next