Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"aero" jersey vs trisuit
Quote | Reply
Wetsuit race tomorrow, Devilman Half-Lite, and wondering about whether I should wear a traditional trisuit (one or two piece), or wear the Castelli Climbers jersey under my wetsuit. I know the "everything is individual" argument about what truly aero, I'm just looking for a which is *likely* better.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: "aero" jersey vs trisuit [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea but your signature line is awesome. So many people will have no idea what your talking about. LOL

Quote | Reply
It's probably better. Just curious, have you tried swimming with it under your wetsuit? I plan on taking a trial run or two with my PI aero jersey just to make sure it doesn't chafe me raw or stretch/sag to the point where it isn't effective.
Quote Reply
Re: "aero" jersey vs trisuit [shade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I havent't, but it's only a .8mi swim, so I'm expecting to be done around 19 or 20min or so. Enough time to maybe get slightly chafed, but probably not.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say go for it.

I like those distances. I'm going to add this one to my list of possibilities for next year. Have you done this one before? If so, how is the lake? My first tri was down in this area, Lake Lenape.
Quote Reply
Re: "aero" jersey vs trisuit [shade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did it last year. Lake is, well. It's Jersey. You're not doing tris in Jersey for their beautiful swims.

But the race itself is pretty nice. Good medium distance start to the season.

--
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True. Thanks! If it's anything like Lake Lenape (cedar water) then it's fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tri suit will probably be more aero. The Castelli climber's jersey is designed for light weight and maximum cooling (it's almost a base layer). The fabric is not especially aero, and you still have full pockets in the back. Add to that potential chafing issues during the swim and I'd stick with a tight fitting trisuit with a smooth finish.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: "aero" jersey vs trisuit [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. It's supposed to be an aero jersey, but that's compared to a regular jersey. I decided to bring some arm warmers that I'll just roll on post swim.

--
--
Quote Reply