Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Working" drill idea - K/sw
Quote | Reply
After doing the Dr Seuss drill for a 500y last night, I thought of another way to work hard in the pool and add some yards. The idea was to work really hard, work on a drill, and find a way to do it for at least 10 mins straight. Tough combo.

Strap on a snorkel. Alternate hard kicking (rotated slightly on side) with fast swim, by 25y/m.

The kick is obviously as hard as you make it. With a snorkel, you can get in useful body position work at the same time because you don't need to be in kickboard position, and air is never a limiter. Plus you get to do a cool fly pull to start right after the pushoff.

Transitioning to swim feels great, and fast. You get more hard work, as hard as you want, with no stress over bad breathing technique, shortage of air, etc., to screw up your stroke.

I think this is probably only useful if you do it at near sprint effort, so that you *need* that rest for the "other" half of your body every other 25y. Otherwise it's just goofing around. That was 10 mins of near max effort work. Kind of crossfit-style. No way could I only swim with that effort that long.

What do you fish think?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply