Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Wired to Win" anyone seen it?
Quote | Reply
Anyone seen this IMAX movie? Should be interesting to see if and how they edited Tyler out.

http://www.imax.com/ImaxWeb/filmDetail.do?type=nowPlaying&movieID=code__.__51593

I believe it was filmed during his collarbone break...

-----------------

Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France takes viewers on a spellbinding ride, seamlessly melding state-of-the-art computer animation of the human brain with the first-ever giant screen film footage of the legendary Tour de France. This unprecedented giant screen film experience brings together the excitement of world-class sport and the frontiers of science, inspiring and entertaining audiences around the world.

The Tour de France - a grueling 3-week battle where elite athletes risk it all in pursuit of victory, fame and, in some rare cases, a place in the annals of cycling history. The stage for this event? The spectacular landscape of France - the towering mountains of the Alps, the broad urban avenues of Paris, and the knotted villages of Provence. The film puts audiences face-to-face with these fierce competitors as they survive hair-raising crashes, battle each other - and themselves - up storied mountain passes, and navigate action-packed descents down treacherous mountain roads at speeds over 100 kilometers an hour.

How do they do it? Any why? Against the spectacle of the Tour, Wired to Win probes the source of ambition and ability... excellence and desire... through the wonder of the human brain. Wired to Win will expose millions of viewers to a new age of medical science as we discover the dynamic nature of the human brain and its incredible ability to adapt and respond to the world - neuron by neuron, network by network. Through the eyes of the film's heroes, audiences will learn of the incredible demands of the Tour, and the remarkable ability of the human brain. Through this unique film experience, audiences of all ages will come to realize that they too can tap into the incredible source of power and achieve the remarkable.
Quote Reply
Re: "Wired to Win" anyone seen it? [lajollaseal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I understand it opens tomorrow (march 3rd) is select locals. It was originally around Tyler but after all his dumb ass choices he has been edited out from what I have heard, it is now about and follows Baden Cook and Jimmy Casper. I am going to see it Saturday night with friends.

Branden

"Here's to the finely tuned athlete on the verge of greatness"-Romeo, Tin Cup
Quote Reply
Re: "Wired to Win" anyone seen it? [trirakita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
report back...or PM me...I would be interested to hear about it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've seen it... Great movie. Really interesting take on pro athletes and how they overcome what us mere mortals struggle with.
Quote Reply
Re: "Wired to Win" anyone seen it? [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also seen it. Great movie, and a fun experience for those who have never been to an IMAX. Really focuses on the biological aspects of cycling and not a whole lot on the race itself...which is good b/c we've all seen hours and hours of tdf coverage.

----------------------------
Support Your Local Bike Shop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good movie worth seeing but not as good as Hell on Wheels

Quote | Reply
I thought it was good, the IMAX footage of the mountain stages was the highlight for me.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply