Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea
Quote | Reply
That happened yesterday morning - I've done that pose before without problems - yesterday severe, intense nausea hit hard, for a moment it felt like I was going to vomit - I tried to stay relax and breathe through it but it did not subside.

I continued to lay on the floor - my heart rate had increased and after a couple of minutes I started to sweat all over my body - that lasted perhaps 3 minutes and then I felt like I needed to have a bowel movement - it took a few more minutes before I felt confident that I could stand up without falling over.

Since that episode I have ongoing nausea with waves that are more intense, mild headache, and moderate fatigue.

Anyone else react like this to that pose? I've done some googling but haven't found anything like my current experience.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you on your period? Could be just related to that.

Don't overthink it, it will resolve-now get back to work

"If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health"
- Hippocrates, 460-370 BC
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you were experiencing a vasovagal response while at yoga. Perhaps the reason it is ongoing is that you aren't properly hydrated and/or fueled.

If it is ongoing, talk to your doctor as further testing may be warranted

Emily Sherrard
@EmSher1
Powered by
Accelerate3 Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [EmSher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree - sounds like vasovagal situation. You essentially performed a self-service tilt table test. I encourage you to see a cardiologist get a work up and an official tilt table test. Do not ignore cardiac issues, even though we exercise, heart disease can still effect us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check this link out.
http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/...rders/bppv/bppv.html

"The symptoms of BPPV include dizziness or vertigo, lightheadedness, imbalance, and nausea. Activities which bring on symptoms will vary among persons, but symptoms are almost always precipitated by a change of position of the head with respect to gravity. Getting out of bed or rolling over in bed are common "problem" motions . Because people with BPPV often feel dizzy and unsteady when they tip their heads back to look up, sometimes BPPV is called "top shelf vertigo." Women with BPPV may find that the use of shampoo bowls in beauty parlors brings on symptoms. A Yoga posture called the "down dog", or Pilates are sometimes the trigger. An intermittent pattern is common. BPPV may be present for a few weeks, then stop, then come back again"

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does a question exist that Slowtwitch is not able to answer?
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [EmSher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EmSher wrote:
It sounds like you were experiencing a vasovagal response while at yoga. Perhaps the reason it is ongoing is that you aren't properly hydrated and/or fueled.

If it is ongoing, talk to your doctor as further testing may be warranted

Helpful, thanks - very similar to my experience - will get my doc to look into it.

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
Check this link out.
http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/...rders/bppv/bppv.html

"The symptoms of BPPV include dizziness or vertigo, lightheadedness, imbalance, and nausea. Activities which bring on symptoms will vary among persons, but symptoms are almost always precipitated by a change of position of the head with respect to gravity. Getting out of bed or rolling over in bed are common "problem" motions . Because people with BPPV often feel dizzy and unsteady when they tip their heads back to look up, sometimes BPPV is called "top shelf vertigo." Women with BPPV may find that the use of shampoo bowls in beauty parlors brings on symptoms. A Yoga posture called the "down dog", or Pilates are sometimes the trigger. An intermittent pattern is common. BPPV may be present for a few weeks, then stop, then come back again"

Thanks - some similarities to my experience - I do get some dizziness laying to sitting to standing and am very susceptible to any sort of motion causing nausea - will get the doc to consider this too.

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianB wrote:

We may never know

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
BrianB wrote:

We may never know

Interesting circular paradox here. "does a question exist that Slowtwitch is not able to answer?" is itself a question, obviously. Since it's impossible to know all possible questions, Slowtwitch can't answer that particular question. Which means there's at least one question that ST can't answer, so the answer to the original question is "yes". But now this question is answered, so the question if there is any question that ST can't answer is again open, and so the circle starts anew...

;-)

Cheers,
malte
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [malte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
malte wrote:
veganerd wrote:
BrianB wrote:

We may never know

Interesting circular paradox here. "does a question exist that Slowtwitch is not able to answer?" is itself a question, obviously. Since it's impossible to know all possible questions, Slowtwitch can't answer that particular question. Which means there's at least one question that ST can't answer, so the answer to the original question is "yes". But now this question is answered, so the question if there is any question that ST can't answer is again open, and so the circle starts anew...

;-)

Cheers,
malte

BrianB asked a yes-or-no question.

& I'm a little underslept but your inductive logic seems shaky. ok, back to sleep.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aren't all yoga poses 'wind relieving'?

Just thinkin' out loud here...

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: "Wind relieving" yoga pose caused severe nausea [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but it happens most frequently in that shape.
Quote Reply